Big time Dominican drug trafficker arrested in Colombia

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Handcuffed-Pxfuel-e1606312615492.jpg

On 22 November 2020, the Attorney General’s Office and the National Police of Colombia announced the capture of Dominican citizen Jonathan Perez Santana, who is accused of a criminal scheme for the export of cocaine. The group was said to collect the drugs near the border with Ecuador and then move the cargo to Cali and Bogotá. Later, the drugs were sent to Buenaventura, the departure point for Central America, the United States and Europe.

Pérez Santana, alias Jonathan, was captured in judicial proceedings held in Barranquilla. Simultaneously, the Colombian authorities arrested six of his alleged accomplices in Envigado and Medellín (Antioquia), and Cali (Valle del Cauca).

As reported, Perez Santana is one of the most wanted drug traffickers by the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and is associated with numerous deaths linked to criminal groups. He has been...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Sadly the Dominican Republic's top
2 exports still appear to be drug dealers
and prostitutes. (3rd would be baseball players) With what the new administration has decided to do with public education system recently, I expect to see this trend continue for years to come.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
As long as addicts in NorthAmerica and Europe and other countries continue to use there will be growers, processors, distributors , dealers and 'Users'.
I have never been knowingly met a drug kingpin , not even a dealer ....But I do know that several hundred Canadians die annually from overdoses......

This one multi-headed snake ... lop off one head and another takes its place.

Seems no win win situation.