Boar's Head Cold Cuts

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
I don't think you will find this brand in the DR. If you are willing to travel for it get on a plane to Fla.you will find it there. I would be happy to ship some to you but the cost would be prohibitive and customs would probably make a sub first.
Thanks for the offer, but I can always pick it up on one of my Stateside jaunts. I didn't know how bizarre it would look for me to be traveling with a full Roast Beef, Oven Gold Turkey, or Black Forest Ham. By traveling, I meant by car in-country here in DR. I wouldn't mind traveling to one of the north coast or east coast tourist trap supermarkets for this product. A Stateside plane I can do on my own. Thanks again.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
"And if you ever encounter any special "interest," tell them you have dietary restrictions of a religious nature. Guaranteed to end any conversation."
A classic, but true.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
The Punto Italia people have similar imported Italian products. They are not exactly like Boar's Head and other American 'embutidos.' The Italian versions are not as salty and not injected with gelatin, dyes, and preservatives like the American products. The European Union banned those kinds of food additives quite some time ago.
Salt/Gelatin/Dyes/Preservatives: All the things that are good for you, and make it taste great! No products as such in the EU? Times must be tough over there. May I offer up a hot Pastrami hero with mustard and pickles on the side?

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
I pictured you a a Mallomar Man!
Nice tall glass of milk, I could eat one side.
I remember as a young tambo making a train with all of the old boxes.

100th-birthday-Mallomars.jpg
Mallomars are awesome, and must be accompanied with a tall glass of cold milk!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I pictured you a a Mallomar Man!
Nice tall glass of milk, I could eat one side.
I remember as a young tambo making a train with all of the old boxes.

100th-birthday-Mallomars.jpg
We didn't have those where I come from, just Moon Pie...

moon-pie-large-300x197.jpg

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
The source? Myself,,,,,,,, I bring back meat all the time. Had my luggage opened many a time at SDQ and never a word said. Try to bring in some yellow lemons and they catch you they will take them. I have brought in and had inspected everything from frozen ground beef to frozen jumbo shrimp.

The only thing taken from me at JFK was a jar of kosher for Passover jam, which I had shoved in my carry-on (carrion?) bag, and apparently, it was over the ounces limit or IT COULD HAVE BEEN A BOMB!

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I appreciate the response, and like the direction it is headed, but which source are we relying on? I hope it's not Juan in the corner colmado.

The motto, I believe, is check everything as best as you can before you do it, and then, just go brave. I have a leg up, so to speak, because it really is for religious purposes, and nothing shuts a Dominican up more than G*d.

Seriously: you can do it. You just have to follow certain rules, and believe me, trust me: it is SO not an issue.