JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
That's one way to get away from shacks.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
That's one way to get away from shacks.
I think the bad image that gives much of Boca Chica is due to bad management and organization from the government. Much of Boca Chica is essentially barrios and it gives the impression of being very poor. Certsinly there are a lot of homes that the only type of family that live there are the ones that don't have a choice (ie. poor). The condition of the streets, which are mostly public and hence it's the government's responsibility for their maintenance, and then the garbage in many areas doesn't help. The lack of a building ordinance (whether it exist or not) means a nice home can literally be next to a shack and, in fact, that is the case in much of Boca Chica and in general the DR.

The thing about these poor looking neighborhoods (which is typical in most barrios in the DR) is that there is a greater than expected smount of homes and even apartment buildings that the street they are on may be a dirt track that looks abandoned by the government, but the homes don't look like one a poor family would live in. I think BC is better off than the first impression it gives, not a rich place but certsinly better off.

If all the not poor homes seen all over B would be concentrated in a few neighborhoods only of those types of homes with nicely keep streets, etc would look as very nice places.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I am very sure Boca Chica will be improved right after the new improved Sousa appears..............

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Boca Chica is a dump bottom of the barrel with slezzy dirty hookers and beach venders bothering you from the moment you step on the beach.... nasty place thumps down ..drop a nuclear bomb then start over again

Reactions: HDR
Nov 9, 2023
SC
Boca Chica is a dump bottom of the barrel with slezzy dirty hookers and beach venders bothering you from the moment you step on the beach.... nasty place thumps down ..drop a nuclear bomb then start over again
And it already starts when finding a parking spot. Almost got in a fight 10 years ago when they wanted us to pay for food we didn’t had and they knew it. Got the car, grabbed my mrs and took off before it really got out of hand. A little further to Guyacanes / Juandolio it is much better.

Reactions: JDFriend and HDR

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
And it already starts when finding a parking spot. Almost got in a fight 10 years ago when they wanted us to pay for food we didn’t had and they knew it. Got the car, grabbed my mrs and took off before it really got out of hand. A little further to Guyacanes / Juandolio it is much better.
You really raise a good point. I've seen the parking spot hawkers real time. It would take me exactly once to say never again, cyalaterbye.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Today in El Caribe newspaper.

Jc6gQGS.jpg

Jc6g0CB.jpg

Of course, this is only about what happen at the beach and the traffic jam that was created by the political rally that included Luis Abinader.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Today in El Caribe newspaper.

Jc6gQGS.jpg

Jc6g0CB.jpg

Of course, this is only about what happen at the beach and the traffic jam that was created by the political rally that included Luis Abinader.
sorry still a :poop:🕳️..... how nice they left out the begging hookers and when you park your car getting attacked by animals....