Boca Chica is getting improved

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
It used to be a bar upstairs, I remember Christine and Wendy and another girl did a dance show.. I can asure you all that was fun 😂🤣😂😅... last century.
Sounds like you had a great time there tht !

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Photo almost looks like present day Boca Breeze next to the Boat House. I can't remember ever being at Playa Vista?
That pic was taken about 20 years ago. The rear shot was from Hotel Europa. I knew Peter and Flemming well. Been to Playa Vista dozens of times. I rented an apartment there for several months. It's not right next to the Boat House.

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ
One problem is lack of business continuity. A business pop up and six months later it´s gone, another pop up and that last for eight months. Three (at least not including Isla Bonita) great spots in La Duarte disintegrating most likely due to pending issues with the property. I did a run passed the CORAABO tanks on Tierra Alta this morning, I go through trash on the road even passed the Hilda Gutierres Liceo.
name three 'great spots' on duarte?

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Zanzibar, La Criolla and the place right in front of Pequena Suizza. All closed all destroyed all great before the crowd came rolling in. Clean up BC and they come back to life.
Pequeña Suiza was good. The rooms and the restaurant. Great brunch.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Don't forget his fondues. He got rich off of me eating fondues.

Is someone saying it's not there anymore?

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Don't forget his fondues. He got rich off of me eating fondues.

Is someone saying it's not there anymore?
Not sure. I have meant to go again for a long time. Also had good pasta dishes.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Here's a little diddy 'bout Boca Chica:
There was an old con from Sosua;
He liked the fast life... And the who-are's;
He scammed scammed then went on the lam;
And they found him in Boca Chica in his drawers!

• Haha
Reactions: windeguy

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Not sure. I have meant to go again for a long time. Also had good pasta dishes.
When I lived in Boca Chica I was smitten by a woman who had the shop across the street from them. Dilemi. Wonderful girl but I didn't catch her eye. LOL.
I'd bet she's still there.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Pepe Hidalgo is the Spaniard (naturalized Dominican) millionaire (his fortune is estimated at €300 million, self made) that is behind the construction of one of the new apartment buildings in Boca Chica. He says they are north of the Hamaca and all apartments are sold in plans, before construction is done. At least with Pepe Hidalgo you know you're the only one that bought X apartment and that it will be constructed.

He is one of the largest Spanish investors in Dominican tourism with several resorts and is currently building apartment complexes in Boca Chica, Puerto Plata (probably in Playa Dorada) and in El Cortecito (Bávaro).

Other than Spain itself; the only other country he invest in is the DR. He also has a ranch in Cumayasa (near La Romana) where he spends a good amount of time.

What building or project cureently under construction in Boca Chica does he refers to?

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Man, 81 yrs old one would think he would be finished with construction. The way he rattles off all of his holdings is pretty impressive.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
These are two of the proyects currently being built in Boca Chica, probably tied to Pepe Hidalgo.

Hamaca Garden Residences - These are suppose to be ready this 2024.
Jc7HjMF.jpg

Jc7Hw6g.jpg

Boca del Mar III - This might be onother of Pepe Hidalgo's projects.
Jc72RZN.jpg

Jc727nI.jpg

Boca Chica Towers - I don't think this one belongs to the Pepe Hidalgo projects, but who knows. It looks massive and very away from the beach, in fact on the other side of Las Américas Highway.
Jc73RHb.jpg

Jc73uUu.jpg

Those are the 3 largest projects in BC I could find. There might be more projects, especially on the eastern side of BC which really is the most decent part of that city, but they probably are not big.