Boca Chica to Sosua - Best way to travel

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
bigbird said:
LOL, you are right about getting different opinions. I usual take a little info from each and piece together the best for me. This is makes this board so great!

Thanks for the link, I will take a look at it now.

Nice piece of information Tamborista. I like it a lot!

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
Talk about confused! What's going on here?

Remember your are a tourist. So tour!

You want to go to S.D. for a day trip? That is, get there and then walk around the old city, and the malecon, etc? Just get on an express bus from B.C. to SD. 30 minutes later, DA, DA!! your there. Walk, ask, get lost, find yourself, enjoy. How hard can this be?
Want to go to Sosua? Go!! Get on a bus in SD and get off at Sosua. Safe, efficient, inexpensive and predictable. Look out the window . You will see the same countryside as a taxi.
If you want to pretend that you will stop all over the place and drink from gurgling brooks, etc. then pay a taxi driver for 9-10 hours of driving , use of his cab, gas, rest stops, etc
By the time you find an airplane, get to the terminal, hope it takes off, ( it's guaranteed to land. lol je,je,je), lands, and you find transportation to your final destination it should be very close to the next day.
I am saying relax, It's all very easy. Jrzguy seems to do do this to himself each trip he plans and winds up in the same place, doing the same ol', same ol'. Or it sounds that way. Always regeting. Never getting. Bueno suerta, John

amanacer

Dec 29, 2005
Big Bird -what did you do in the end?
I done a similar thing, I know it can be done very cheaply - express bus from Boca Chica to Santo Domingo around 40 RD$, Caribe Tour bus from SD to Sosua 250 RD$ and then a short cab drive to El Batey 80 RD$ or could be more... that is the cheapest way I guess (Rellosk how did you make $50 out of it?did i miss sth?)
But I agree the cost of cab to take you across the island is around the same amount I would have to pay for a cab to the airport back home, so it might be worth it...
one difference i noticed between BC and Sosua was that water in BC was few degrees higher, but that is probably not what you were talking about right?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
amanacer said:
I done a similar thing, I know it can be done very cheaply - express bus from Boca Chica to Santo Domingo around 40 RD$, Caribe Tour bus from SD to Sosua 250 RD$ and then a short cab drive to El Batey 80 RD$ or could be more... that is the cheapest way I guess (Rellosk how did you make $50 out of it?did i miss sth?)
I included $30US for a taxi from BC to the bus terminal in Santo Domingo and $10US (I guess I over estimated for this one) for a cab from the bus station in Charimicos to the hotels in Sosua.

BTW, I didn't realize there was a non-stop bus from BC to the Capital. I thought you had to change buses just outside BC.

amanacer

Dec 29, 2005
rellosk said:
BTW, I didn't realize there was a non-stop bus from BC to the Capital. I thought you had to change buses just outside BC.

There are regular buses departing from Jose Marti street(or sth similar don't have a map now) every few minutes, going to BC center, they cost 35RD$ for a regular and 40RD$ for an express. I am not sure if (on their way back from BC to SD) they will take you somewhere close to Caribe Tour terminal, one still might need a cab.

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
that 150.00 from boca to sosua is that per person or carload.How much for 3 people from boca chica to sosua. Brian

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The cost is per CAR.
The cost of gas is over $4 USD, so good luck finding a guy to do this for under $150. Remember he needs to get back to SDQ. His fuel costs are gonna be @ least $75 RT! Then again maybe he will use propane.

Tambo