Boca Chica

Sep 19, 2005
i dont know if one is better then the other for a newbie. The ugly cueros in boca chica, or the pretty con artist sankies at a AI.

id take the pretty con artists every time( as long as they are sankiettes and not sankies).......let them con me out of 1000 pesos and Ill pretend I am upset ha ha

bad bad bob

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i've had them con me out of 1000 pesos just at the bar dude... haha

red bulls aren't cheap in the DR...

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Recently, my friend Franklin Almeida (no relation to Franklin D Roosevelt) mentioned that Boca Chica tends to cater to Italians and Spaniards, Sosua to North Americans, Las Terrenas to French, and Cabarete to Germans.

Surprisingly you failed to mention the only nation that currently really has money and supports all businesses in touristic areas and makes about 75% of all transaction and buys houses/condos at asking price.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i'm north american and never ever had a problem in any place...must be my abundance of pesos :laugh:

manhore

Nov 30, 2008
Help me compare !!!

I just started traveling 3 years ago, the first place I went to was the Philippines. I been back twice there twice, after instantly falling in love attention from the women. Now, I'm starting to wonder after hearing so much about DR & Costa Rica, Could there be a place just as good as the Philippines closer to me. If anyone has been to the Phils and know what I'm talking about, please give me some info on the difference of the two when it comes to an adult vacation.

titanjones

Dec 16, 2008
went to boca chica on a day trip. It is a decent beach, Sosua and Cabarete have better beaches. I wouldnt stay there, much more fun to stay in SD, and travel during the day to BC

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
went to boca chica on a day trip. It is a decent beach, Sosua and Cabarete have better beaches. I wouldnt stay there, much more fun to stay in SD, and travel during the day to BC

I sorta agree with you...it all depends what you want on your vacation. I live in a big city so i dont mind the lack of nightlife in Boca. I like to wake up have my coffee and stroll to the beach. I do like the Capital tho too. So it really is all about what you are looking for on your trip/

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
I'm interested in this place and would like to know where a good place to stay is for a male travelling alone but safe and fun. I hear this is the sex place of the carribean, is there only local woman around or other nationalities and I've read about mature western women going there to hook up as well. What is the best nite spot? Guides easy to come by and what is the language? English spoken there? Money exchange good? Thanks for anyone that answers!

When you plan on going?
I may be getting laid off soon.i just may join ya.
when you planning on going?
i have a home in boca chica and we usually travel around the whole island.let me know maybe you can join us.
zach

Skipperdaddy

May 3, 2009
ok So I am a little late

So am I hearing that Santo Dom is still going off pretty good, but the Boca Chica is played and cracked out? Anybody been recent I would appreciate the info. I am going late may for a week, have not made hotel reservations just yet. Can anybody tell me of a "overnight guest" friendly hotel in Santo Dom. If that is where the party is at. I speak fair espanol and have been to a bunch of banana rep already, the usual suspects, CR, Cuba, Curacao, PR, so I am thinking change of scenery. Also whats up with curfews? Thanks to anyone who can respond.