BOTTOM'S UP Inside the all-inclusive island resort with in-room margarita stations, 15 restaurants and swim up bar

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
The only complaint I have heard is the beach area. Other than that, those who went there enjoyed it.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
You know you have reached Shangri-la when you can have unlimited margaritas while holed up in a Disney themed room and order food on a point system menue.

Reactions: PCMike and XQT

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
You know you have reached Shangri-la when you can have unlimited margaritas while holed up in a Disney themed room and order food on a point system menue.
It may not be for you, but it is a very popular resort. For some maybe it is their "Shangri la", absolutely no reason to criticize it.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
It may not be for you, but it is a very popular resort. For some maybe it is their "Shangri la", absolutely no reason to criticize it.
Did I criticize the property? I was simply fascinated by the concept of ordering food on a "point system". I can only imagine table conversations. Hey there Jethro, save sum of dem points for a banna split.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

Absolutely no reason not to as well. There is so much beauty in this country, so much that is unspoilt, so much that is unique, the very fact that someone has allowed such a hideous temple for those with zero taste to exist is indeed worthy of piling on the criticism, at least in my book. I don't think that would happen in Antigua or Mustique.

And I thought the whole idea of this forum is that we politely accept that other people have different opinions, and that's why we're here isn't it? Surely we don't need another echo chamber.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I guess it is best to live in an exhaust filled perpetual traffic jam like Santo Domingo than enjoy the fruits of the Country they live in. "To each his own"..............

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Watching the natural beauty of Juanillo Beach be trampled over and resurrected as a temple of indulgence and privilege is just one more sign of the times.
Heart wrenching.
I suppose one should be thankful for small mercies...no highrises.

Reactions: MariaRubia and XQT

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
There is so much beauty in this country, so much that is unspoilt, so much that is unique, the very fact that someone has allowed such a hideous temple for those with zero taste to exist is indeed worthy of piling on the criticism, at least in my book. I don't think that would happen in Antigua or Mustique.
Hence we need these "Hideous Temples" to keep the unique & unspoiled beauty that abounds just that, unspoiled and unique.. On another note, it's tough to see much of anything happening on Mustique.

Reactions: XQT

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
I guess it is best to live in an exhaust filled perpetual traffic jam like Santo Domingo than enjoy the fruits of the Country they live in. "To each his own"............

Or to market incessantly for those who have an interest to sell tourism and increase profit margins.

Or Julio "writing" for the US Sun, op-ed for money.
"Yet it still manages to feel intimate thanks to it’s tropical, leafy surroundings."...........brilliant journalism and very informative.

Points outside of meal times.
"Outside of meal times, guests are given 2,000 “points” daily.

These are redeemable at the on-site corner shop, which sells everything from wine and spirits to locally made honey and traditional chocolate bars.

One has to give the operators credit for innovative ideas, to increase profit margins for the partial A.I.

A float of Tacos eating standing up in the pool.
Of course the "upscale clientele" is educated enough not to urinate in the pool, while they eat.

I understand that some do not like AI, but now we even have sunken deeper in the stand up pool.
Similar theme park cruise ships like the Icon of the seas with 7,600 guests.

Magaritaville Cap Cana 280 guest suites 40 villas.

Maybe a walk in S.D. and exhaust fumes are preferential.

"To each his own".............. Indeed

https://www.margaritavilleresorts.com/margaritaville-island-reserve-cap-cana enjoy

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
Watching the natural beauty of Juanillo Beach be trampled over and resurrected as a temple of indulgence and privilege is just one more sign of the times.
Heart wrenching.
I suppose one should be thankful for small mercies...no highrises.
Well,
That's "upscale" Cap Cana and area for you.
Sucking money, giving people the illusion of being exclusive, mass market exclusivity!

Those who really are exclusive will not be seen there.

Granted, with over 8 billion inhabitants, exclusivity and Nature are somewhat harder to come by......or buy at higher price points.

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
Hence we need these "Hideous Temples" to keep the unique & unspoiled beauty that abounds just that, unspoiled and unique.. On another note, it's tough to see much of anything happening on Mustique.
Real money protects exclusivity by legislation.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Or to market incessantly for those who have an interest to sell tourism and increase profit margins.

Or Julio "writing" for the US Sun, op-ed for money.
"Yet it still manages to feel intimate thanks to it’s tropical, leafy surroundings."...........brilliant journalism and very informative.

Points outside of meal times.
"Outside of meal times, guests are given 2,000 “points” daily.

These are redeemable at the on-site corner shop, which sells everything from wine and spirits to locally made honey and traditional chocolate bars.

One has to give the operators credit for innovative ideas, to increase profit margins for the partial A.I.

A float of Tacos eating standing up in the pool.
Of course the "upscale clientele" is educated enough not to urinate in the pool, while they eat.

I understand that some do not like AI, but now we even have sunken deeper in the stand up pool.
Similar theme park cruise ships like the Icon of the seas with 7,600 guests.

Magaritaville Cap Cana 280 guest suites 40 villas.

Maybe a walk in S.D. and exhaust fumes are preferential.

"To each his own".............. Indeed

https://www.margaritavilleresorts.com/margaritaville-island-reserve-cap-cana enjoy
"
that web site is so descriptive it could be placed next to the definition of boorish" and "tacky" in the dictionary, I could almost smell the vomit rising from the pool from the over indulged truck drivers' union vacationing in a building designed around alcohol and food. I can hear Buck talking at breakfast now. "Im gonna be gettin my monies worth out dat food trough".

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Spoken like a true optimist.
Juanillo, with its natural pool, was exactly that...a unique and unspoiled beauty until the moneybags moved in.
My point of view is tainted.
All those natural beauties used to be ( in the 80's and early nineties) our playground and we watched them disappear...slowly but surely.
But then again...
It could be said that we ourselves (destination reps) were spoiled and privileged.
So there is that.
Perspective.
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
"
that web site is so descriptive it could be placed next to the definition of boorish" and "tacky" in the dictionary, I could almost smell the vomit rising from the pool from the over indulged truck drivers' union vacationing in a building designed around alcohol and food. I can hear Buck talking at breakfast now. "Im gonna be gettin my monies worth out dat food trough".
lol.
Their market is a little more upscale than that.
The Bucks and the Jethros of this world might feel a little more at home roaming Pedro Clisante in Sosua.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Next time you ride one of the new highways or Trams and other new forms of public transportation other than broken down gua gua's here you can thank Punta Cana. Because that is where the money came from.......................

Reactions: aarhus and PCMike

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Next time you ride one of the new highways or Trams and other new forms of public transportation other than broken down gua gua's here you can thank Punta Cana. Because that is where the money came from.......................
none of it comes from gold, ferronickel, Ag and medical equipment exports? As long as those slack jawed mouth breathers keep guzzling margaritas, we can stay out of gua gua's, got it!