Bringing lemons next week!!!!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
BREAKING NEWS....The pop airport, along with the local authorities have put out a special A.P.B on a bag of lemons...

Are you serious Webster? Jail, for a few lemons?:ermm:

Well, they imprison you for traffic accidents, don't they?

It may not happen, but don't tell me it couldn't happen.

If I was to put myself at risk, it would not be for something as frivolous as fruit (like that alliteration ?):cheeky:

Look.... read my other post where I said I hoped everything went smoothly on both sides and the veal meal was good.

The immaturity and unpredictability of the RD authorities gives me pause -- to put it mildly.

Remember the thread about not stopping at accidents for fear of being accused?
My friend who drove past a leg, then a moto, then the driver...??? Cannot stop..... you will be involved

I'm just saying I wouldn't do it.
But I don't parachute or bungee jump either...... cluck, cluck, cluck ---- big chicken.

Catch my drift, snowflake?:bunny:

WW

EmilyCaldwell

Jul 3, 2010
I know you guys were joking, Scooter. My post was directed at william. Let us know if all goes according to plan :)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'll be waiting to see how all this turns out. So exciting! Scooter it's not the first time you've met someone from this board or maybe you meant in the DR. How soon they forget ;)

Oh wait maybe I have the wrong poster :laugh: never mind

Any of thise things bring a bell? fiesta, daughter , cake, Canada?

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2008
I honestly believe WW was trying to be helpful, and he certainly doesn't deserve all the negative attention he has been getting for simply pointing out the obvious.

Although there is probably no cause for concern on the part of Scooter, it is better to be forewarned than to be 'fore-armed' (as in football).

Transporting produce is technically against the customs rules as they stand, and it is one item that you must check on the customs form everyone fills out. So please cut WW some slack. He is only stating the truth.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
As a matter of fact... I just bought the 4 meter range spray cans of hornet/wasp spray today............. so feel free to get a sample :chinese:
That will rid us of bugs

I hope you get the lemons
I hope the trafficer doesn't get arrested

i hope you enjoy the veal meal

Not interfering,,,,, just observing

What was that movies about Diamonds ??
Smuggling, jail, death... The star from Titanic

Blood Diamond !! Got it.... slow tonite

WW

Thank you JD Salinger... I refer to my post - #10 - quite a while ago where I wished every well .

Nonetheless, I will still wash off the BullsEye and trust in this forgiving group.

WW

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
This is going to be an exciting trip. I feel like a covert operative. If I can make it past the dogs in the airports, i have it made.

Sure, with the dogs they now have, no problems.
My dogs play with limes and lemons as a pup so if I ever sell any of those dogs to the airport security...beware ;)

2thebeach

May 7, 2010
Asparagus

I come through Punta Cana every 6-8 weeks and they check my bags almost every time. I suppose it's because I don't look like a tourist. Maybe I should wear bermuda shorts and a hawaiian shirt when I travel.

I wanted to fix my partner a nice dinner when I came home one time so I tried bringing in some awesome USDA Prime beef tenderloin, fresh asparagus, and baking potatoes. (Picked it up at Wegman's in Northern Virginia. If you've never been to a Wegman's you are truly missing out). They took the veggies but let me keep the beef. I'm glad they don't know what good beef is all about down here cuz if he had any idea what he was holding in his hands he would have taken that as well.

On the subject of Asparagus....does anyone know where to get some here....or better, can you get the plants to grow it yourself here?

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
On the subject of Asparagus....does anyone know where to get some here....or better, can you get the plants to grow it yourself here?

You have a buyer here if you manage to grow them here!!!! The white ones please ;)
Maybe they grow in Constanza, asperagus are one of those who need a good cold climate to grow. Need to check that one!!

Acira

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
...not only were you waffled by an asparagus, you left out the R. I will bring you 5kg of asparagi next trip down!

With new lemons on the way I had too many vodka tonics which are stronger than the brahma light and then the spelling quality diminishes.

They sell asparagus here in the spring time so no need to bring any.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
With new lemons on the way I had too many vodka tonics which are stronger than the brahma light and then the spelling quality diminishes.

They sell asparagus here in the spring time so no need to bring any.

Besides, if you read the thread about how Tambo proposes to transport some palm seeds, I would wash that asparagus very thorougly... :cool:

BelgianK

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Besides, if you read the thread about how Tambo proposes to transport some palm seeds, I would wash that asparagus very thorougly... :cool:

BelgianK

Hey Waffle Boy,

It was not I that that posted exactly where to hide them, I was referring to luggage. If you re-read the thread, it was our pal @WW, and @WTG that suggested such a vulgar method of smuggling palm seeds. Nice try though.

I am sorry if seed in a man's bum excites you to post about it three times. You really need to read a book or get off the internet once a day.

tambo'