bringing medication

claudius_2k

Apr 10, 2003
we need a medication that is not sold here in the DR, the drugs are not prohibited (they are not narcotics or similar),

please I would like to know:
1: there should be any problem in bringing that drugs in person? do we eventually need to show a medical prescription in the toll?

2: what happen if we get the drugs via EPS? I suppose in this case the duties will apply, but can be aditional problems?

I also read that cosmetics can not be imported without a special permit.

thanks in advance

regards!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You shouldn't have a trouble bringing the drugs. Carry the prescriptions just in case. If you are coming in as a tourist, chances are good that your luggage won't even be checked.

I get prescription drugs on a regular basis by EPS. Have been doing so for years without a problem.

ronks

Aug 13, 2003
What is EPS? Is that an internet pharmacy? If not does anyone have any experience ordering through an internet pharmacy and having the medications shipped to the DR?

Ron

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
EPS is a courier service that specializes in service beween the US and the Dominican Republic. Like UPS or FedEx, only specific to the DR. There is an office in many cities and towns.

claudius_2k

Apr 10, 2003
thanks for the responses, the prescriptions are no problem, I will try to get it by EPS.

ronks , EPS provides you an address in USA, and also bussiness mail and it is cheaper, and you can use it to receive parcels, I have only used EPS cause they have an agreement with Ebay, and supposedly y it is easier for sellers accept it. I said supposedly cause I have had some problems with it paying with paypal, but finally I got a new DVD burner for only... 145?!!

regards

ronks

Aug 13, 2003
I tried looking up EPS and could find no contact information. Could someone please supply me with a phone number or internet address. Also, does anyone have any experience ordering from and receiving in the DR medications from an online or internet pharmacy? Or are medications very inexpensive and easy to procure in the DR? Thanks

Ron

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
ronks, what town/city will you be located in?

Medication easy to obtain in the DR, some of which is not available in the US. Here among the meds are drugs that have been approved in Europe and widely used there but that for some reason or other haven't yet been made available in US. Also sold here are generics made in Europe.

Unless you can get maintenance drugs from your insurance company at a very low price, no point in having them sent from US. Providing, of course, you can find what you need. If there is a particular med that you must have, you might want to ask this board if it is available here.

ronks

Aug 13, 2003
Thank you for the information. I am awaiting a response from the company now.

Ron

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Order From "CVS.com" All The Time!

"Consumer Value Stores",that is. A huge New England Pharmacy chain.I have it shipped through "EPS" as well.
I don't order "perscription Drugs",but they too are all available with your Doctor's "script"!
I get vitamins,aspirin,tylenol,other "OTC" meds,creams,ointments,iron pills,etc.They have "Half Off" sales that you will be notified of by E-mail" if you want.Their web site is really great.Orders over $50 US are shipped free inside the USA.If you use "EPS", that is Miami.You pay shipping from Miami to SD,or wherever you have an "EPS" in your area.I have NEVER had to pay any "Customs" fee!
I used to travel to Boston every year to buy several hundred dollars of "Meds,etc.,from CVS,now I just go "On-Line"!Saaves me "Hundreds"!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCC