British type food

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
There was a lovely ad on Brit TV for Marmite. Showed a near drowned man dragged ashore and a lifeguard rushing to give mouth to mouth, the nearly drowned man recovered in the fastest time known to man shouting uuuugh and rushes away. The voice over says "Marmite you either love it or you loath it?. I love it, brought up on nursery marmite soldiers and because of wartime rationing also spam but I?m not so keen on it dipped in batter and fried!!

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
SPAM is made here in Minnesota where I live. Nobody here eats the crap, but it's our way of getting some money back from Brits for the 'Lend Lease' act at the start of WW II.

Hopefully it's the last war well have to bail them out of. ;)

N

naturelover

dont get sexually excited

condiments_selection.jpg

cuas

May 29, 2006
Why are they so expensive in USA?
HP sauce $3.00
Heinz beans $2.00
Ambriosa rice pudding $2.25

I am tasting some of the british products to see what they are talking about. I like to eat and taste different food.
I live in the Bronx, I went all the way to Queens looking for some products.
They are so expensive. I got the HP sauce, after a week, I checked the expiration by the light bulb, date y0098. It seem that they rubbed it out. No way I am going back to Queens. My mistake.

Funnyyale26

Bronze
Dec 15, 2006
Duh...everything importer from first world countries is always going to be more expensive., even in the good old US of A.

cuas

May 29, 2006
I friend of mine travels from US to SD every 2 or 3 months. This time he brought in his suitcase 10 British baked beans HEINZ that he ordered/bought at The English Tea Store for $2.00 each. He wants $1.00 profit each.
He also have 5 oz. Hershey Special Dark chocolate. also tea TETLEY. PM if interested.
This is not wholesaler price. He bought them in the US supermarket.