British Woman Found Dead

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Hi all
As per Samr blog, any additional infomation or confirmation would be appreciated, I am her sister and am very anxious to hear What is the truth and what is not.

I am also sending you my phone number in the UK, I am so terribly sorry for all your pain. Do not worry if my line is engaged I am already on the phone to the DR to get the ball rolling for you. The time you call is not important tonight, I can fully understand how desperate you must feel.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Done! Wish I could be more help

Thanks Anna, dont worry I have already been in touch with her family in the UK and I know Freddy, the Police Surgeon well, I have worked with the medical examiners before on 2 ex pat deaths in the DR and I am calling him now and also the Commandante Nelson. I will not post any further developments on here, but will keep you updated off the forum.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Denise's family members, please do not post any info I give you, nor any info you give to me on this forum. This may hinder/damage the investigation. You never know who is reading this thread. This will all be passed to a trustworthy official in the DR.

If anyone else has confirmed important info pertaining to this they can pm Anna, myself or Robert. Please DO NOT post it on here, there is a very good reason why.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
i would just say this to the family. I suggest you only use the official channels. This is an open forum and you have no idea who you are talking to however nice they might appear. I have great respect for the British embassy here and the ambassador, Mr Steven Fisher. I suggest you handle everything through him and his team.

I really am so sorry for what has happened, but please, if you want to keep abreast of what is happening then just deal through the embassy.

Matilda

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
i would just say this to the family. I suggest you only use the official channels. This is an open forum and you have no idea who you are talking to however nice they might appear. I have great respect for the British embassy here and the ambassador, Mr Steven Fisher. I suggest you handle everything through him and his team.

I really am so sorry for what has happened, but please, if you want to keep abreast of what is happening then just deal through the embassy.

Matilda

Matilda is spot on, DO NOT deal with any posters on this forum, The embassy should be your only point of contact.

ian

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
And I will jump in on that bandwagon too. Go through the official channels ONLY no matter how receptive the willing helper might be to try & help you with platitudes etc.

As someone who has recently & very suddenly (within 12 hours of feeling oncoming stomach pains ) lost his partner of twenty years - eighteen of them in the DR - I had to deal with the Embassy in Santo Domingo because our North Coast Consul was away at the time. I found them MOST helpful & understanding. Had my partner lost her life in circumstances unknown, there is NO WAY I would expect any member of this forum to have sufficient ability/power to 'get things moving' for me, ............... it just ain't done that way here. The police move in there own mysterious circles & ONLY Embassy pressure can delve into that web of intrigue!!

The North Coast Consul has now returned to his office & I would be pleased to pass on his telephone number & e-mail if you PM me. Having lived here for 18 years & managed to get myself the odd contact or two, there is absolutely no way I could rely on information passed on to me UNLESS it came through official channels Like the Embassy or North Coast Consulate or was verified by them. Please take this advice very seriously.

May I offer you my sincere condolences as I can empathise with your pain right now ~ Grahame.

pas

Jun 7, 2004
Thanks Anna for the I.D. to help the family, but now it has been done, do you think the link could be removed by either you or another Mod before the Press pick it up, especially the UK press that are lethal and destructive and also to prevent further distress to the family, as this thread/site may be their only point of contact for the present time

you think that would help.....
1 search with google on the name..
and you get that site...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there is an article on the investigation in el faro. but since i cannot post the link here :tired: the family will have to google it themselves.
oh, wait, they cannot, because the name of the lady in question is misspelled so they will miss on the update from dominican police. :ermm:

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Where is the Denise's Body?

It is being learned that the wrong body was flown back to GB.
So sad...and unbelievable.

donP

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It was in yesterday's news:

Wrong body with tattoos
Relatives of British millionaire Denise De Courtenay, 60, were shocked to find that the wrong body had been shipped to the UK for burial. The body of a blonde British woman with tattoos was at the morgue, but relatives said it was not De Courtenay.
De Courtenay, from London, owned three apartments in the DR and was a frequent visitor. The UK press says she had made her fortune running strip clubs, including the Vauxhall in London. Reportedly, the Dominican police are seeking a military policeman in his early 30s who allegedly had been stalking her.
Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...ctim-sent-to-grieving-family-115875-22562234/

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Wow - so do they think it wasn't her who died???? If not, it makes you wonder who the heck the other blonde with tattoos was and why no one has reported her missing????

Very weird....

AE

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
I think I read that the daughter was in DR and identified the body and all. It sounds like there was a mix-up and she got cremated or some other stupid and horrible thing...

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
this could only happen here in the DR. To ship the wrong body....
Nop, I know a family who had the wrong body shipped from JFK to STI. The airlines was responsible for the mistake.

Pero se puso rubio el hombre???

JJ

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Just picked up on this thread.

Both my wife and myself have known her for many years. She even got married at Eddy's bar many years ago. A fine person she was. My condoleances to the family. Daniela, if you're reading this, email me.

Reactions: Bronxboy