Bugs making sawdust out of my bed

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
We had that at our old house. The gardener injected something into the wood. Not sure what it was though.

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
I had those little pests in my bamboo balcony furniture. You will see little piles of dust and a small hole. I bought some termite spray. I was also told to use kerosine. That's what the locals say. I used both don't know which worked but bugs are gone.

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
I had woodworm eating my dining room table and a wicker loveseat about four years ago. I fumigated (around 250 USD for the whole house). I haven't seen them since! Let your property manager or the owner know. I'm sure they would much rather fumigate than replace the furniture.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
When we had these rascals eating our bed....

the local solution was to throw the bed frame in the pool for a few hours.

worked like a charm for a year or two...
they're back now

time for another dunking

Aug 6, 2006
When we had these rascals eating our bed....

the local solution was to throw the bed frame in the pool for a few hours.

worked like a charm for a year or two...
they're back now

time for another dunking

Sounds like an ingenious, inexpensive and effective plan.

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
There is a biodegradable spray you can buy "Gusano de la Madera" and its good for calcoma, I have the spray in my hands right now.... and have used it and its seems to work....32 onz is about 250 pesos....any ferreteria or I got mine at Yanets

I bought this stuff, in a spray bottle, from Playero.
On Wednesday, I sprayed all the bare wood on the Bed frame.
So far...... no wood dust (but it is still early)

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
We had that at our old house. The gardener injected something into the wood. Not sure what it was though.

Maybe the same what our gardener now is injecting, (against woodworm)

oil residues mixed with thinner

Normally we use a product from Germany, injecting it esp. against woodworms.
This product always works for a few weeks.
The bottle is empty, I'm waiting for next delivery.

Now I am really intent how long the dominican mix will last.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Be VERY CAREFUL!!!!!!
THEY NOT ONLY EAT WOOD, BUT BORE INTO YOUR INNER EAR AT NIGHT TO LAY THEIR EGGS, which eat your brain tissue when they hatch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stuff cotton balls soaked in "RAID" in both ears, and your nose too,before you go to sleep at night!
Dominicans don't do this, and just look at the results!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I saw that episode of the Twilight Zone.....

strapped to the bed as the earwig ate thru the brain....

only find , on exiting the other ear, that a female had laid eggs in the brain

Rod Serling rejoice

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
William, WE are OLD!!!!!!!
Great show, scares me even NOW!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
How about the one with the "Thing" on the Wing????????

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Maybe the same what our gardener now is injecting, (against woodworm)

oil residues mixed with thinner

Someone explain exactly how you're "injecting". Are you drilling holes and shooting in?

When you guys are talking about injecting, I don't see how that would work. You can't force it into "all" the wood.
That can be accomplished with Pressure Treating, but putting it into small areas will protect only those small areas.

Soaking it completely immersed for a couple months might do the trick, depending on the tightness of the grain.
But that's not practical either.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
@ CCCCCologne
they have a New Years Day marathon of the series.... I watch it regularly

yes, the wing walker.....

every now and then some episode pops into my empty head

Balck suit, white shirt, skinny tie

and in the earliest days.... a cigarette

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
Someone explain exactly how you're "injecting". Are you drilling holes and shooting in?

When you guys are talking about injecting, I don't see how that would work. You can't force it into "all" the wood.
That can be accomplished with Pressure Treating, but putting it into small areas will protect only those small areas.

Soaking it completely immersed for a couple months might do the trick, depending on the tightness of the grain.
But that's not practical either.

No, we are not drilling holes. Just shooting in this already existing holes where finaly granulated wood is coming out.
It is no perfect solution, but am afraid for the day to remove all wood (we have a lot).
Somebody here spoke about fire, not good. But this gave me now the idea to work with incense sticks, into the holes,
in any careful way.

Serge1960

Apr 2, 2014
I have a year old New - ALL Wood Kitchen, using Hardwoods & Plywood, was stained & a gloss finish applied, Inside the cabinets I was seeing tiny little granules ( Tiny & Round, almost white -off-white in color) , almost looked like the semolina on the underside of a loaf of Italian Bread. I clean it then there's more the next day. These DONT look like wood dust as Im used to seeing in the Northeast, nor do I see any borings or insects. Do the other OP's think this is the Calcoma or Cacoma however way it's spelled. Removing the cabinets is not an option right now, is the spray " Gusano de la madera" the option?