Building House in Lomas Mironas...maybe ? SERVICES ?

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
chadverizon said:
I just heard on CNN Live that a 8.0 earthquake hit Lomas Mironas and only Lomas Mironas. Does anyone know if the tennis club survived?
Worried Neighbor

HOPE THE HOUSE SURVIVED.

The 8.0 quake was just butterball jumping off the bed...tom

palmiche

Mar 26, 2005
twhitehead said:
Got back on Sunday from my visit. Had a chance to see the blue house - what are they thinking? Phone line has been installed and is operational which is good news. Checked out your lot Escott - very nice - you sure are going to have some nice landscaping. Could not believe the amount of new construction since last visits in Nov and Dec. Security at gate was non-existant. Arranged for some polmagranite trees - my wifes favourite. Got four rounds in at Playa Grande - what a course. Counting down the days....t

Lomas Mironas has a "big time" security problem similar to La Mulata. Guarding the place requires the efficiency that only comes when Security guards are paid more than peanuts.

goflo757

Apr 7, 2003
Lomas Mironas is safe

palmiche said:
Lomas Mironas has a "big time" security problem similar to La Mulata. Guarding the place requires the efficiency that only comes when Security guards are paid more than peanuts.

I lived in Lomas Mironas 2 years---one year as a single gringo female---I never had one minute's worry about security. At that time we did have a very good, organized homeowners group---almost everyone paid their maintenance fees and things ran very smoothly.

Unfortunately, there are a couple of "terminal malcontents" who have made their lives here in the DR & the lives of those around them miserable. They destroyed all attempts to unify the homeowners and refused to pay maintenance fees. Without the fees from these people, we were unable to continue the security & maintenance at a standard that was acceptable. So, now it is up to each homeowner to pay for their own security.

However, some of the more resilient, older homeowners & the new homeowners are reorganizing and I believe will have an organization up and running soon.

Remember, although the project was developed & marketed by Century 21 Juan Perdomo, it is up to the homeowners to organize & run the maintenence.

If anyone is to blame for the deterioration of the maintenance in Lomas it is THE PEOPLE WHO REFUSED TO PAY MAINTENANCE FEES! You can't have security if no one pays!

Lomas is still a beautiful project & still very affordable.

chadverizon

Apr 2, 2005
DSl

Escott said:
Hey Chad, can you get DSL on that phone line?

Thanks,
Scott
With the line we pulled I believe it is only dial up. If there is a DSL line on Choco then you could run that too.
Chad

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
goflo757 said:
I lived in Lomas Mironas 2 years---one year as a single gringo female---I never had one minute's worry about security. At that time we did have a very good, organized homeowners group---almost everyone paid their maintenance fees and things ran very smoothly.

Unfortunately, there are a couple of "terminal malcontents" who have made their lives here in the DR & the lives of those around them miserable. They destroyed all attempts to unify the homeowners and refused to pay maintenance fees. Without the fees from these people, we were unable to continue the security & maintenance at a standard that was acceptable. So, now it is up to each homeowner to pay for their own security.

However, some of the more resilient, older homeowners & the new homeowners are reorganizing and I believe will have an organization up and running soon.

Remember, although the project was developed & marketed by Century 21 Juan Perdomo, it is up to the homeowners to organize & run the maintenence.

If anyone is to blame for the deterioration of the maintenance in Lomas it is THE PEOPLE WHO REFUSED TO PAY MAINTENANCE FEES! You can't have security if no one pays!

Lomas is still a beautiful project & still very affordable.
No you can't have security if no one pays but it should of been the responsibility of the DEVELOPER to put a association in place so they would be ENTITLED to get the money for SECURITY which they DID NOT! Hell the Developers cant even keep their damn cows off of private property. They even cut down barbed wire to drive trucks onto private property to cut the grass and TAKE IT for their stinking cows without the permission of the owner. I know this for a fact and I even called Century 21 and they said "We aren't responsible for that" which is total BS.

I heard a rumor about someone wanting their deposit back on a sale of "BEACHFRONT PROPERTY" that was unbuildable and couldn't get their money back. Any truth to that rumor?

PS> I sat next to someone on the plane to NY 9 days ago who bought a condo at La Puntilla and they have NO WATER PRESSURE and it didn't get fixed by the builder. Any truth to that? I heard that the association even changed the name of the complex. Any truth to that?

I can go on and on but if you don't do the right thing reputations suffer and then guess what, business suffers. What started out as a good running business can turn to crap very fast in any country. Some folks should keep this in mind.

Escott

Last edited:

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Robert said:
I have seen the electric blue house and it's nasty!
Great ref point if your planning a parachute drop :)

I see that the "Blue House" is now on sale on the Coldwell site for 450K. Think the buyer will paint it?????? :eek: