Burnt to Death in Accidents

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
"Quaqualita", given your closeness to the family of some of the deceased, I fully understand that some of my comments and outrage will have offended you in a time of loss. I sincerely regret that.

But I have theses final thoughts to share.
The now "official" version of the incident recently published differs with all witness accounts I have been presented with in several points:
Speed, driving attitude and who the driver was.
Don't worry, it is not atypical for this society to beautify official versions. After all, the man who's name you are not sure about was "just and employee" (they have a derrogative word to name them).
In a few weeks, even those who commissioned the terms of the official version will firmly believe this version.

Now, about the vomiting. I can empathize... because that's they way I feel too often here observing the blatant disrespect for life on this country's roads, just for the sake of being "funny", "cool", "hot" or just super "chevere".
Now, since it is very unlikely that I will give you the opportunity to vomit all over me, let me suggest the following alternative to you:

Why don't you find the Coconut palm tree they hit along the Malecon, lean against it and close your eyes for a moment, and then..
imagine, that what you are leaning against is not a plam tree, but the remains of whom ever could have been standing there... a kid, a family strolling up and down the Malecon as it is so usual. Given your sensitivity, I am certain you will not need to gag to vomit right there over the thought of the senselessness they risks they freely took.
You will also come to appreciate that this is a "S" curve where you can impossibly predict what can come up against you and thus should not try to pass a vehicle. That particular spot has claimed several lives for that very reason... or better said, because some will just not resist the urge anyways.

And that was in essence my point and the reason of my frustration and lack of sympathy.

... J-D.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
On the day following the accident news media like hoy.com.do reported:
"... Testigos relataron que los ocupantes del carro, conducido por Gonz?lez, trataron de manera temeraria de rebasar al conductor de una yipeta, poco antes de llegar a la curva pr?xima al cerrado hotel Caracol, pero al estar mojado el pavimento porque hab?a llovido momentos antes, perdieron el control, se deslizaron y dieron contra la mata de coco."

During that time, most media would identify Franklyn Marmolejos (the 31 year old 3rd man/employee) as:
"... empleado de seguridad..." others as: "... el chofer de 31 Franklin Marmolejos..."
Witnesses which recognized the three at the time of the accident identified F. Marmolejos as the "body guard"/"el guarda espaldas".

Yesterday news media started to quote the police to have stated that (Example El Caribe):
"... La Polic?a identific? al conductor del veh?culo como Franklin Marmolejos, de 31 a?os, preliminarmente se ha informado que es militar, oriundo de La Vega.".

Thus, mine referring to the later as the "official" version (which is in sharp contrast to ALL the witness accounts I have received and heard of).

... J-D.