Bus From Santiago to Las Terrenas

mcm

Nov 16, 2019
Hola,

Unfortunately the best flights for timing and price we could get are taking us in to Santiago, where we will be making our way to Las Terrenas.

As we are on a budget we would like to take the bus. I've found some information online that there is a bus Linea Junior Constanz departing near Plaza Lama at 3 times daily:
6:45 am,  11:30 am and 3 pm 

We would be aiming for the 6.45am. Can you reserve on these buses before or do you pay on board or in a station? Are the buses reliable and easy to flag down? Is the exact location for this station at the corner of Pedro Francisco Bono and Jose Maria Benedicto, as shown when googling SANTIAGO - SAMANA BUS STOP

Any information or advice is very much appreciated, muchas gracias!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Santiago - Las Terrenas
Horarios de salida : 6:45am (José Achille 809 399 80 86) - 11:30am (Juan 809 666 2015) - 3pm (Alfredo 809 881 1595)

The bus stop behind Plaza LLama but anyone can tell you where it is. I didn't reserve a seat, but some recommend calling the driver. You buy a ticket in the bus station, it looks more like a shop than a bus station. The bus stops half way, in San Francisco de Macoris for a toilet and food stop. You don't have to flag the bus down, it will be waiting at the station. The buses have aircon and wifi.

Matilda

mcm

Nov 16, 2019
Thank you for the info Matilda, thats really helpful!
I texted Jose as i will be getting the 6.45am bus - He told me that its there at 6.20am and he is no longer the driver. I will go a bit earlier though just in case.