Bus service Boca Chica - Santo Domingo

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I use publicos about every day,all over this city,and 5 pesos is unheard of...most people in the publicos are low wage dominicans,so I am sure they would only pay 5 pesos....but it is 12 to 20 pesos,depending how far...
bob

Reactions: FernieBee

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
You might want to find out what is the nearest cross street on Cesar Nicolas Penson is your friend's job. That will probably make a difference of what to do once you get to Santo Domingo. I stayed at Carrie House Hotel on Cesar Nicolas Penson whose address was 12-A and located near Doctor Delgado. I have no clue how the street numbering system works in the DR.

Yes, bigbird, it does make a BIG difference! I read the Cesar Nicolas Penson street name and failed to take into account the 102A. The US embassy is located on Av. Cesar Nicolas Penson #81 and that is on the corner of Av. Maximo Gomez. I assume that Cesar Nicolas Penson 102A should be close to Av. Maximo Gomez. I think the best route is the route suggested by rubio_higuey and others on this thread from BC to Parque Enriquillo. A publico for 20 pesos can then be taken at Av. Mexico and corner of Av. Duarte to Maximo Gomez. The 2 or 3 city blocks to the final destination on Cesar Nicolas Penson can be walked and serves as part of the morning exercises ;)

Note: X on map marks the corner of Av. Maximo Gomez and Av. Cesar Nicolas Penson. The black dot is corner of Av. Mexico and Av. Duarte

NotLurking

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Ok..i stand corrected. Was just chatting with the friend that took me on the publico. it was 12 pesos (last year). I think my confusion stemmed that my friend only asked for 5 pesos.

12-15 is still a great deal (if you can tollerate being crammed in a back seat of a small car lol). I will pay the 100-200 pesos next time for a taxi. Tho i would like to figure out how to find the guagua that takes you to the bus station on the hill that takes you to B.C.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I use publicos about every day,all over this city,and 5 pesos is unheard of...most people in the publicos are low wage dominicans,so I am sure they would only pay 5 pesos....but it is 12 to 20 pesos,depending how far...
bob

Bob:

Thanks for posting accurate information.
You are lucky to find a piece of fruit for 5 pesos these days!
tambo'

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Pay double take two seats

Ok..i stand corrected. Was just chatting with the friend that took me on the publico. it was 12 pesos (last year). I think my confusion stemmed that my friend only asked for 5 pesos.

12-15 is still a great deal (if you can tollerate being crammed in a back seat of a small car lol). I will pay the 100-200 pesos next time for a taxi. Tho i would like to figure out how to find the guagua that takes you to the bus station on the hill that takes you to B.C.

You can pay double and take up two seats.. if you are lucky, you can sit with the driver and pay double and not have anyone else in front with you...

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
hmmm..i dont recall an option of paying double. I certainly would have. All i can remember is praying not to get a leg cramp as were crammed in the back seat (i think there were five us us in the back seat (six if you count the baby on my lap).

If you dont have to go too far then it is not all that bad. But we got stuck in traffic near the presidential palace. not fun at all

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
You could call it first class concho travel! You definitely can pay double - when I was pregnant I would wait until a concho with a free front passenger seat came past and take that option.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
You could call it first class concho travel! You definitely can pay double - when I was pregnant I would wait until a concho with a free front passenger seat came past and take that option.

You did not tell us you had a baby!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!