Business Idea...Fake Tan

Status
Not open for further replies.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
When I moved to Florida in the mid 90's the idea of getting involved in tanning saloons was presented to me. Like many here, I thought at first that it was a joke. Then, I realized that some did quite well. Winter birds from up North and Canada, and yes, even some Germans, soon got tired of the Florida sun and rather enjoyed the air conditioned environments where one won't get a tan. I would however so seem, that many insisted on at least going back to where they came from proudly wearing a "Florida tan". Guess where they got it from...

I've recently seen newer spray tans, and I must say, the "orange" thing seems to be a thing of the past... some products really give a credible result.
It also seems to pick up in acceptance since tanning beds just keep on getting bad health ratings again and again.

Coming back to the DR, well... I'm afraid it's a bit a different clientele here, and most of all, there are not as many long term visitors as in South Florida.

Maybe as "satellite"/booth operation to a gym (E. g.: Gold's)?

Also maybe another approach would be to include or add it to a combined "beauty" service, like a Spa?

... J-D.

Status
Not open for further replies.