Buy Tires in DR or US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Just a thought, but for the terrain and roads of the republic I would purchase light truck/delivery tires for my car before shipping. They will ride just a tiny bit stiffer but their 6-8 ply build will give you much better endurance, reliabilityas to blowout protection and sidewall cuts, maybe even slightly better mileage

Good point -- most SUV's come like this... but not the Venza.

Just watch you don't buy too aggressive a tread....

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
After running around today getting estimates, it seems Sam's Club has the best tire prices, better than Tire Rack.

Unless someone knows something we don't, we're going to buy Michelin Latitude Tour. Good tire for DR???

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
and don't be afraid of brands like 'Hankook'... excellent tires , much favored by the performance crowd.
The Italian performance crowd, if you get my drift

Excellent tires

I second the recommendation on Hankook tires. My Santa Fe came with them and I was skeptical. The Hankooks held up better than any tires I have since purchased here including Bridgestones at PriceSmart.

Jan 9, 2004
I second the recommendation on Hankook tires. My Santa Fe came with them and I was skeptical. The Hankooks held up better than any tires I have since purchased here including Bridgestones at PriceSmart.

Agreed. The Optimo H727 is one of the better all season tires out there.

To AE...buy here...but drive them a bit so they don't look new...in other words...get em dirty before you ship.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Jan 9, 2004
After running around today getting estimates, it seems Sam's Club has the best tire prices, better than Tire Rack.

Unless someone knows something we don't, we're going to buy Michelin Latitude Tour. Good tire for DR???

Outstanding tire....both the Latitude Tour and the Latitude HP (high performance)....also the Hankook Optimo mentioned above.

Good luck.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Status
Not open for further replies.