Buying a motorcycle without papers

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Bezza, you have lived in the DRand have to ask your question?????????????
I think you know the answer already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are enough problems in the DR without going looking for more!!!!!
Re think the whole idea.
Forget about the "Bike".
I had a BSA 650, loved it, want another one, but "WE" know better, don't we???????????????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CSIERRA

Feb 18, 2015
Don't do it

I'm kinda thinking the same!

Hey Beeza,

I am a Dominican and I am going to give you my advise on this. Please do not buy anything in this country that doesn't have papers. That cannot only make you lose it by been taken away by the police but can also land you in jail.

That is a very very risky business.

Another piece of advice, before you anything second hand go to the police station department to check if what you are buying has been reported stolen because if you buy something that was stolen and the rightful owner of what you are buying was killed during the robbery you will pay for that dead unless you have a bag full of cash with you when you get busted.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
beeza
cccccccccccccccccccolon is right.. you have lived here long enough to know how "it works"

BUT Ive been there, done that, both in the DR & the UK, on what you want to do.......
YOU as a Brit, ask yourself 1 simple?... would you EVER be so stupid enough to buy a bike or any vehicle in the UK, w.o. checking things carefully first? ...

The DR, in buying ANYTHING, seems to trap the most intelligent people, in thinking that the price is cheaper/easier than their home country..

I have bought enough bikes over the years here, for supervisors for my security company. BUT, even though I felt exhausted most days, I NEVER bought any bike nor vehicle w.o. ensuring all checks/paperwork were correct

If the deal looks good,,,w.o. prop. checks/paperwork.... stand back dear

Buy in haste,,,etc.

JMO, as a fellow Brit, beeza

You may pm me for advice on that purchase

LB

Last edited: