Buying Nissan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
i should not have to. intelligent people will figure out that i am talking about two comparable engines.

you got the figures to prove your case. I currently own a RAV4 and have owned a Nissan Frontier with approx same sized engine. Gas milage is slightly better on the RAV4 but only slightly.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
you got the figures to prove your case. I currently own a RAV4 and have owned a Nissan Frontier with approx same sized engine. Gas milage is slightly better on the RAV4 but only slightly.

i am not going to argue this with you, bob. you know everything. i am not that special.

KITTU

May 13, 2015
It seems that a Nissan Pathfinder and the rest of Nissan vehicles give you WAYYY more bang for your buck, when you compare it to a Toyota. Also, I've noticed that Ford Explorers are very similar to North American prices. Anyone that has experience with any of these three vehicles? And please, do not make the arguments of later resale value. Reason is, I rather buy new and keep long term. Thanks all.

Please do not buy a Path finder now. The new series has transmission problems and After verifying different cars, we just got our Ford Explorer, XLT hardly 2 days ago. Maintenance, resale value, spares etc... Ford won. Toyota is a great car and has a higher resale value but super expensive. So if you have money then Toyota but ford is also good and lots of room inside the car. Contact Ariel from auto americana in Bavaro, 8299667077 and talk to him. Also you can use my reference. Very helpful and they have three outlets in DR. Good luck.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Please do not buy a Path finder now. The new series has transmission problems and After verifying different cars, we just got our Ford Explorer, XLT hardly 2 days ago. Maintenance, resale value, spares etc... Ford won. Toyota is a great car and has a higher resale value but super expensive. So if you have money then Toyota but ford is also good and lots of room inside the car. Contact Ariel from auto americana in Bavaro, 8299667077 and talk to him. Also you can use my reference. Very helpful and they have three outlets in DR. Good luck.

i agree with you on the Ford. the Explorer is a very good car for what you have to spend to get a good one.

KITTU

May 13, 2015
I own a Nissan Quashqai. Easily one of the best cars I have ever owned. Never a problem, runs like a top. I recommend the full model. Has 4 wheel drive, leather seats, and a huge moon roof.

We had to sell our qashqai cos of spare part problems. We sometimes had to bring from europe and here they know nothing of fixing cars. Got tired of all the spare part problems and sold it. Santo Domingo motors who sold us the car asked us more than 100,000 pesos to fix the panoramic roof, just a small plastic joint piece was broken...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
We had to sell our qashqai cos of spare part problems. We sometimes had to bring from europe and here they know nothing of fixing cars. Got tired of all the spare part problems and sold it. Santo Domingo motors who sold us the car asked us more than 100,000 pesos to fix the panoramic roof, just a small plastic joint piece was broken...

Holy Jeezus

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
It seems Ford Explorer is probably the way to go. I had shipped one over and never had a problem over there. Just debating if I should import my Honda Pilot, which i noticed is not a popular vehicle either.

Jan 9, 2004
It seems Ford Explorer is probably the way to go. I had shipped one over and never had a problem over there. Just debating if I should import my Honda Pilot, which i noticed is not a popular vehicle either.

Given the additional fact that you already have a Honda Pilot.....if you can (age rules etc.), I would definitely ship it.

They are not as popular as Highlanders, Explorers etc., but there are plenty of them on the Island.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Sep 4, 2012
bob , a Tundra has a right to give bad mileage. it is 8 cylinders. a Pathfinder is a 6.

it?s like saying a Cessna gives bad mileage, but no worse than a 747.

jeezus.

A very witless statement as expected.

For the record, Tundra does come in 6 cylinders. The standard mileage for these are 16 to 20 miles per gallon.

Jan 9, 2004
A very witless statement as expected.

For the record, Tundra does come in 6 cylinders. The standard mileage for these are 16 to 20 miles per gallon.

Yes, it did....but, Toyota discontinued it after the 2014 model year. The mileage differential between the V6 and V8 was not significant enough to keep both engines....but the power gains of the V8, without sacrificing to many mpg's, doomed the V6, and relegated it to the Tacoma.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
So I reckon the best advice gleaned from the whole lot is get a Toyota if you can stand the price differential or,failing that, a top Explorer in the best condition possible and accept the resale values.
Yep.
I would say that pretty well sums it up.

Sep 4, 2012
Yes, it did....but, Toyota discontinued it after the 2014 model year. The mileage differential between the V6 and V8 was not significant enough to keep both engines....but the power gains of the V8, without sacrificing to many mpg's, doomed the V6, and relegated it to the Tacoma.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Thanks. I made mention of it because (unless I failed to see it and I might've had) the OP didn't specify year, just make and model.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

thank you for correcting that, since i did not want to lower myself to respond to that obsequious, obnoxious little prick. what i have forgotten about vehicles he will never know, but the douchebag runs to wikipedia to see if he can get a gotcha moment.

Sep 4, 2012
thank you for correcting that, since i did not want to lower myself to respond to that obsequious, obnoxious little prick. what i have forgotten about vehicles he will never know, but the douchebag runs to wikipedia to see if he can get a gotcha moment.

Stay classy San Diego, stay on subject. There was a Tundra V6, discontinued but still in the market.

Perhaps I do not know to the levels of details of an insurance adjuster (that was your expertise and profession after all those years of college??) knows about vehicles but I do know plenty about them myself.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Stay classy San Diego, stay on subject. There was a Tundra V6, discontinued but still in the market.

Perhaps I do not know to the levels of details of an insurance adjuster (that was your expertise and profession after all those years of college??) knows about vehicles but I do know plenty about them myself.

you don?t know dick. you just like to hear yourself talk. tell me the difference between align boring and shot peening. if you can?t , shut the heck up.

as to my level of expertise...what i chose to do is none of your business. i was one of the best at what i did, and i did it because i loved it. if you have a beef with it, then you can go somewhere and slit your wrists, quietly.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2012
you don?t know dick. you just like to hear yourself talk. tell me the difference between align boring and shot peening. if you can?t , shut the heck up.

I do owe respect to the OP and will not hijack his discussion. Please feel free to open a vehicle discussion over OT and will meet you there with class. Thanks.

Sep 4, 2012

as to my level of expertise...what i chose to do is none of your business. i was one of the best at what i did, and i did it because i loved it. if you have a beef with it, then you can go somewhere and slit your wrists, quietly.

Its always nice to see people striving, hey, a profession and a job are both blessings. Open up that discussion to see how good you were and teach me a few things, its always nice to learn from experts?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Its always nice to see people striving, hey, a profession and a job are both blessings. Open up that discussion to see how good you were and teach me a few things, its always nice to learn from experts?

i have no time to dick around with infantile children. if you want to learn, there is always wiki. you know, where you found out about 6 cylinder Tundras.

Status
Not open for further replies.