Cabarete Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Does anyone know what is burning somewhere in Cabarete? The smell of smoke was strong all night long and this morning the ground was covered with ashes. And even now the smell of smoke is strong and light white ash is blowing around. I am located in west Cabarete in the area near Ocean One.

travelchik

Jan 26, 2007
We're on the top floor of Ocean One and looking out towards the mountains there's been a constant haze of smoke for the past few days. Don't know for sure if there are cane fields over that way, but that would be my best guess.

My husband and I call that white falling / floating ash "Dominican snow". It's messy, but still preferable to the real thing! ;-)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
There was an article in Puerto Plata Habla saying just after Jaime David's visit 'unknown people' had set fire to the land alongside the lagoon. I went looking for the link to post it and........it's been removed from the site. Obviously seditious material ;). Inflammatory even.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
There was an article in Puerto Plata Habla saying just after Jaime David's visit 'unknown people' had set fire to the land alongside the lagoon. I went looking for the link to post it and........it's been removed from the site. Obviously seditious material ;). Inflammatory even.

It looks like the "Unknowns" are restless again and upset at something as the air in the west end of Cabarete is once again full of smoke and ash coming from the area of the Lagoon.

Megoreilly

Oct 14, 2009
The fire started in Cabarete East, around the Texaco station. The flames were 100 feet high......i have some crazy pictures. It took about an hour to anyone from the fire department in Sosua, but at that point it was not containable. This morning their is a fire a bit further east still burning.

mandymeme

May 28, 2011
We saw it too, it was so close to the Gas place and Texaco....just knew we were going to have a huge explosion...but thank goodness it went down.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I think the fire should be under control now, seeing as this thread is over two years old.

CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.