Cabarete's Kite Beach

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Visiting Cabarete beach, we have a relaxing afternoon... delicious food and cold drinks right on the beach.

 JJ

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I saw on FB some pictures of a surf hotel in Cabarete with a 25 meters lappool. Looked awesome.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That's not Kite Beach. It's Cabarete's main beach, taken from Voyvoy Restaurant. It's a favourite haunt of mine, so I know the view well!
Someone not living in Cabarete might not realize the beaches while continuous have different names. From East to West: Cabarete beach to the east, going west to Bozo Beach, Kite Beach, El Rocon Beach and then Encuentro Beach.

Reactions: cavok and bachata

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Someone not living in Cabarete might not realize the beaches while continuous have different names. From East to West: Cabarete beach to the east, going west to Bozo Beach, Kite Beach, El Rocon Beach and then Encuentro Beach.
Did not know that . thanks . are they all public beaches?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Did not know that . thanks . are they all public beaches?
Yes, they are all public and accessible. All beaches in the DR are public up to and including 60 meters from the ocean. Not all can be accessed by land and this is a point some people fail to grasp. A beach can be "land locked" by private owners behind the beach.

It is harder now to access the Kite beach section as hotels and private residences were purchased behind Kite Beach and the government did not think ahead to allow right of ways. The Hotels and private residences are under no obligation to let you pass over their land to a beach. You can get to Kite Beach from Cabarete/Bozo beach on foot along the ocean. This made the local news recently. And so it goes.

Also, for a while the former corrupt government and a developer were blocking easy access to Encuentro Surf Beach, but that was cleaned up along with moving a few of the remaining businesses behind the 60 meter public domain part of the beach and they were told no more encroaching in the public 60 meter area.

Reactions: JD Jones