Caca de Vaca Bingo!

Aug 21, 2007
Strength for the Journey is selling raffle tickets for Caca de Vaca Bingo (or, in English, Cow Plop Bingo.) The event takes place August 20, at 5:00 p.m. in the baseball field of Jamao. Raffle tickets cost 200 pesos each.

What is Caca de Vaca Bingo?

We will make a chalk grid in the outfield. Each square will be numbered. On the day of the event, we will release 2 cows onto the field. The numbered squares where the cows make their mark determine the winners!

It is a fun-filled event, with cow balloons, cow tattoos, and small cow boxes filled with candies and trinkets. Hot dogs and beverages will also be had!

If you live on the north coast, come join the fun!

Tickets are bing sold now and cost 200 pesos. If you are interested in purchasing one (or more!) contact me.

26e1cf3d-6308-4ead-a903-02231d0d1dc2.jpg IMG_7570.jpeg

IMG_7571.jpeg

Reactions: Manuel01
Aug 21, 2007
We had a fantastic attendance Sunday at the Caca de Vaca Bingo. It was the first time that children and their families gathered in mass in Jamao for an event that was not church related or political. It was truly great to see that people who were typically adversaries due to political or faith differences were sitting together, visiting, and watching their children participate in games and competitions. During the bingo event, the bleachers in the baseball field were packed. People commented that more people attended this event than attend the baseball games and tournaments!

Luckily, the cows cooperated. The second place cow did her business within the first couple of minutes being on the grid. That got the crowd excited. Then the cows were quite frisky, head butting each other and playing. Finally, after about 25 minutes, the second cow lifted her tail, and BINGO! We had a first place winner.

It was not all peaches and roses, though. Dominicans like to wait until the last minute for everything, typically. Thus, raffle ticket sales were slow until the day of the event. Then there was an explosion of demand, making it hard to plan what numbers to put in the grid. And yes, even the Dominican committee members waited until the last minute to paint the chalk grid on the baseball field. As someone who typically is a planner, I was turning inside out.

Great fun was had for all. It was our first year holding this event. Prior to the event, no one understood what it was. I am still exhausted, but my teachers are pumped, already planning the event for next year.

Thank you to those dr1 members who purchased tickets. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, a couple of poor locals won. Thanks for your support, dr1. YOU are Strength for the Journey.

IMG_7731.jpeg IMG_7750.jpeg IMG_7756.jpeg IMG_7759.jpeg IMG_7761.jpeg

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Sorry I couldn't make it. I tried to persuade the family I support in Los Brazos to go, but it seems there was a smaller event there, which they preferred to visit.

Aug 21, 2007
That’s okay. I was trying to keep a lookout for you. Perhaps next time. If you are ever out our way and want to have dinner at Blue Moon, let me know!

Reactions: drstock