Call Centre jobs

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
These must be the most boring people in the World. How does the conversation go? I can just imagine.. "Hi hug, can we interest you in some savings in your long distance with our crappy Voice over IP super duper service".... ��

Hmmm, boring? Obviously not reading your posts before sending. They are working, as far as I am concerned that's good enough for me.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Nothing more sad than a foreigner scrapping along side the Dominican natives for peanuts ......

I never get why people move to DR out of choice full time, full stop. But I do get that we are not all in the same situation, many foreigners are just living their lives, just as they would anywhere in the world, scrapping a living in DR is actually a better situation than scrapping a living from poverty line USA or Europe.
The people I mention are natives, not foreigners. And to be honest, I think a household income of over RD100,000 per month is alright in DR.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
I by chance went into one run by Codetel. The girls were in their private booths. The all had plastic Rulelers and paper pads. Some were working beating the pads saying you bad boy no I'm going to give it to you good. The girls were all smiling so they must have liked the job !

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Too funny. The fella you are referring to along with myself are sitting here in Santiago throwing back a bottle of Brugal (Extra Viejo) as we speak.

Call center work in this country pays between 130 and 150 pesos an hour. On average bilingual reps make between 25,000 to 30,000 pesos a month which usually includes working Saturdays, depending on the campaign. Brokers I might add... make a lot more.

Cristo Rey, your posting is mythical. i have heard of all these places that pay, on average, between 25 and 30 thousand per month. the only thing is that i have never met anyone who has ever worked in one. and i know numerous people who have worked in call centers.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Cristo Rey, your posting is mythical. i have heard of all these places that pay, on average, between 25 and 30 thousand per month. the only thing is that i have never met anyone who has ever worked in one. and i know numerous people who have worked in call centers.

Mythical?
I work in the call center industry here. I know several who pay this amount. In some cases they will pay more if the rep is a good seller or is bilingual.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009

You are wrong without question on this occasion. I've loaned money on payslips before, I know how much they make.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You are wrong without question on this occasion. I've loaned money on payslips before, I know how much they make.

Indeed. You will always find those who are willing to work for less.

IEatTravelnCode

Oct 29, 2014
The top Call Centers in the country are:

DataVimenca
Convergys by Stream
Teleperformance
Language Line

DataVimenca pays around 140 pesos the hour, most of their program is Help Desk.
You have to be properly dressed, for women, only skirts and no "natural hair".
No Phones allowed, no pencil, no paper, no nothing.
They give you around 25 pesos daily for food.

Convergys by Stream, They were 2 Call Center that recently merged.
They also pay aroun 130 ~ 145 pesos a hour.
Dress code is everything except Beach Clothe, no shorts, flip flops etc.
They usually have help desk for companies like Nikon, Cannon, Epson etc.

Teleperformance is very similar to Convergys so I won't describe it.

Language Line is a call center dedicated for Live medical translations.
Example: You are a Dominican who don't know sh!t of English, you are hospitalized and the doctor tells you "Hi Mr. Joselito you are HIV Positive", you might think you are free to go and celebrate, but no hu hu, the doctor calls Language Line, tell them what you have, you tell the patients what they have.
I have a friend that was working late Shifts here, From 10PM till 8AM and things like that.
Dress code is very casual also.

All this Call Center have paid training, which is paid at a rate of 100 Pesos a hour.

Pros: Easy money if you are young, and don't have to pay lots of bills.
If you are unemployed, it's a great place to work, if your English is good, and you are legal, you will certainly get hired.
Cons: Not enough money for the people that wants to earn good money.
No communication with the exterior, no cellphones, and direct calls from your house, your wife telling you "Se acabo el gas joselito"

If any of you are not legal, and looking to make around the same amount you make in a call center but from home, PM me.
You need: Computer, Good Internet Connection, and quite environment.
No Benefits: Insurance or retirements funds, just vacations.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Mythical?
I work in the call center industry here. I know several who pay this amount. In some cases they will pay more if the rep is a good seller or is bilingual.

tell us about the rates paid by call centers outside of Santiago and the capital, since not everyone can work in those. tell me how much people get paid in places like POP.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
11390137_866002486805775_1976123289807390670_n.jpg

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
I don't know about the rates but I talked to one of the girls who was on break at the Codetel sex talk call center. She told me she had a Swiss man with his private plane coming to get her as soon as she got her visa. So i guess the side benefit's are quite good. !