Calling and texting between England and The DomRep

Thegirlnextdoor

Feb 22, 2007
^^hahaha :)

Thanks for the calling card advice but I actually found a number I call before the Dominican number, and that makes the call 5p a min, so I think im just gonna stick with that, that way I dont have to go out and buy cards all the time.

From what most people are saying it looks like their texts are getting through to the DomRep so I figure it must just be my lousy ass cell, so I'll go ahead and buy a new one, although I still don't know what freakin network to go with lol

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
I am with O2 and have never had any problems texting Dominican mobiles on Orange from the UK and no problems receieving texts from them either.

Thegirlnextdoor

Feb 22, 2007
Ok so I bought a nice new phone its on 02, I have been assured that it'll text the DR but I tried and nobody has replied, so I was wondering if any Dominicans have posted on here, and would be willing to give me their cell number, so I could test whether the text arrives?

I WOULD BE SO GRATEULL :)

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
^^hahaha :)

Thanks for the calling card advice but I actually found a number I call before the Dominican number, and that makes the call 5p a min, so I think im just gonna stick with that, that way I dont have to go out and buy cards all the time.

What number do you use ? and does it work to call DR cells with good quality ?

Thegirlnextdoor

Feb 22, 2007
I havent tried it out yet, so I dont know what the quality of the line is, but the number is 0844 566 5151 then type the cell number followed by hash.

Thegirlnextdoor

Feb 22, 2007
Really? Awesome, someone had a similar number and said the line wasnt very good
So I'm glad this one is a good connection coz it's soooo much cheaper!! imma try it out tomorrow I think :) Where abouts in England ru from?

Thegirlnextdoor

Feb 22, 2007
Its not a card, its just a number you call first, so when you get your phone bill your DomRep number wont show up, the 0844 one will, so it's just like you're calling within the Uk.

chella

Aug 19, 2004
sent u a pm TGND
the o8444 number i use are fine and i get charged the correct rate

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Ive never had any problems with the phone card I use. ?5 for round about 200 minutes....always worked for me and my wonderful bf!!
23 days now!!

karen johnson

Nov 18, 2007
can ring on my mobile to his mobile but he doesn,t receive texts but can anyone tell me how he can contact me on my mobile, he can't get through except on a landline.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
No problem! Here in the DR I use Orange and can send SMS or talk to England with no problems, I have also sent to France and Romania. My DR Orange phone receives both equally well. Based on experience elsewhere you might have problems if you use Verizon/Claro with their CDMA system.