Calling the uk from the d.r.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I have been trying to make a call to a London number from the D.R. with no luck. I can call the U.S from here, on my house phone and my cell, but It just won't work to the U.K.
Can anybody help?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I call Uk all the time and never any problems. What number are you calling???

matilda

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Dialling codes have changed since I left the UK, but the 700 bit does not look right. 44 is the country code. London numbers have a 20 in front of them. It might be a special commercial premium charge number which does not work from overseas.

Just seen Lambada's post - the 011 should precede the 44 when dialling from the DR.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
It is a company home based in London. I made a purchase from them on Oct. 26 and they say they shipped air express on Oct. 28. through Parcelforce Worldwide. It just seems like a long time to get to EPS in Miami. I don't ship direct here because I don't think I will ever see it if I do. I have had shipments from Germany that arrived in Miami in 7 days. That is why I would like to call the company.I got a tracking number but that isn't helping. I am going to try the 011 and I thank both of you.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Seemingly that 700-598 bit can get you the Cardinal Trust Foundation fax number in London
Home | Public & Social Services | Charitable & Voluntary Organizations | Cardinal Trust Foundation - Iranian Directory | www.iraniandirectory.biz |

or corporate housing & serviced apartments in either UK or US :confused:(scroll down) which could indicate a commercial premium.
Edinburgh Serviced Apartments - Luxury Serviced Apartments in Edinburgh city centre

ParcelForce Worldwide Tracking here - enter your 13 character tracking number
http://track.royalmail.com/portal/rm/track?catId=22700601&gear=authentication

If that doesn't work, ask Sarah your online assistant
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/customerservice1?catId=400144&mediaId=69800720

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
here is a way to call london for free for 6 minutes every hour.
Free International Calls to Asia, America, China, Japan, UK, USA, Europe and More. Free Call Button Free calls to friends and family in several countries any time of the day. Free Phone Call
read through and you will know how to use it. You must have a usa phone line (example: magicjack).
As matter of fact, you can call almost any country in the world (land lines). Some countries are harder to connect with and some countries have special conditions attached to call.
AZB (voip expert).