Can I ship a box of medicine to US

Daisy.Chain

Jun 26, 2018
I need to ship some amoxicillin from the capital family members in the US, where there is a shortage. It's OTC here, but is prescription now in the US. Xan I just fedex it or is that against the rules? We're talking like one box, not tons. Is there a way to do this legally short of having aomeone fly to get it? I looked on fedex but am not sure.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Are you shipping to somebody that has a prescription for it? I wouldn't have a problem doing that. It's not like you're sending opiates. And you can buy amoxicillin online in the States. Not that big of a deal.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Only for personal use, the medications must accompany the traveler and if a prescription is required for the medication in the USA, then a valid prescription from a US doctor registered as being able to prescribe such medication needs to be presented by the traveler if requested by CBP agents. There are restrictions on the quantities of medications allowed into the country this way.

More info can be found on the Customs and Border Patrol website.

https://search.usa.gov/search?query=medication&search-button=Search&affiliate=cbpgov

Daisy.Chain

Jun 26, 2018
No prescription, but I'd rather ship it than go in person. Can I fedex it? I'm reading the link but don't see it yet

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
You are a person not a company or a drug manufacturer. You are not permitted to ship medications to the USA for unaccompanied import. The medication you would like to send is not for personal use so that option is not available to you either. If you don't take it yourself and declare it as personal use it may be confiscated or if you are lucky you might get it in.

A package on the other hand will likely come under scrutiny and could be subjected to environmental conditions that could affect the efficacy of the medication. You are not supposed to send medication to the US but if you choose to do so, then you must accept any of the possible outcomes such as the package never arriving.

Daisy.Chain

Jun 26, 2018
Every farmacia in the DR has it. In our village even the colmado.

I mean they can't get it in the US without one - I couldn't find how to get it online there either without one. I want to ship it so they don't have to go to the doctor's office with sick people to get it

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I mean they can't get it in the US without one - I couldn't find how to get it online there either without one. I want to ship it so they don't have to go to the doctor's office with sick people to get it
Sorry if I understand you wrong but you dont need a prescription for Amox in the DR.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
If they have insurance, most all providers now have a form of Tele-Med. They can chat with a doc or PA and get a script. And a pharmacies will deliver, or go to the drive-thru. No need to have any contact with the "infected".

If they don't have insurance, They can still do an online chat with a doc to get a script - OnCallDoc

It's so easy a caveman could do it.

Don PISTOLAS

Mar 6, 2018
In the Bronx I know several Dominican bodegas that sell amoxicillin.. I imagine thats the case most anywhere.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
He wants to get it too family in US ...unfortunately old way was flying it out with friend or personally..$hit out of luck my friend :(