Canada to Rep Dom

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
We are looking at in now and it appears all of WJ flights are gone in November. Kids just spent $8000 for a 2 week vacation here and it looks like it's not gonna happen. They are now officially west jerk to me.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Just got our confirmation that WestJerk has cancelled all flights to the DR in November. Phoned AC and are booked for this Friday through Toronto and to PUJ Saturday. As far as I am concerned WJ is dead to me once we burn our credits as the will not give us a refund.
If they go broke its there fault. Bad management at its finest.

Reactions: Russell

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Just got our confirmation that WestJerk has cancelled all flights to the DR in November. Phoned AC and are booked for this Friday through Toronto and to PUJ Saturday. As far as I am concerned WJ is dead to me once we burn our credits as the will not give us a refund.
If they go broke its there fault. Bad management at its finest.
Wish i had seen this sooner, would have told you about JErk Jet and their cash grab scam. HERE IS THE GOOD thing , if you booked with your credit or /visa debt call your bank and or credit card company and tell them WEST JET (JACKASSES) cancelled the flight , they should refund you , That's what i did , just got back from the DR. However , these none flights to POP and only to PUJ , that I'm not feeling .

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Wish i had seen this sooner, would have told you about JErk Jet and their cash grab scam. HERE IS THE GOOD thing , if you booked with your credit or /visa debt call your bank and or credit card company and tell them WEST JET (JACKASSES) cancelled the flight , they should refund you , That's what i did , just got back from the DR. However , these none flights to POP and only to PUJ , that I'm not feeling .
Is it true the only way a Canadian can fly to the DR (without stopping in the US) is into PUJ at this time?

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Is it true the only way a Canadian can fly to the DR (without stopping in the US) is into PUJ at this time?
Yes that is true. BEWARE - WEST JET(SCAMMERS) , THEY RANDOMLY DO POST TRAVEL TO POP and they ashowing PUJ in december , but it is just a cash grab - WEST JET IS GETTING THE EXECUTIVE BONUSES TOGETHER, I say and hope they go belly up and are forced to close. AIR TRANSAT & AIR CANADA DO GO TO PUJ . No issues so far with those airlines. THUS FAR THE ONLY TWO CHOICES ARE AIR TRANSAT AND AIR CANADA TO PUJ .

AIR CANADA - DOES NOT EVEN LIST DATES OR PRICES FOR POP FOR ANY MONTH THUS FAR ... 5 STAR RATING FOR THAT
AIR TRANSAT - Is listing flights to POP - but they to have done that and cancelled ......

Anyone booking , if you can use your bank visa debt . Banks give no hassle for getting teh money back , credit card companies to much running around

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I believe AC is buying all the shares of AT for $5 a share.
West jet usually carries 2,000,000 passengers a day ; but, since April only around 1,000,000 in total.
I think I just contributed to the Executive Payout....I loved that airline and was a real loyal passenger for about 250,000 miles a year in the past.
Still waiting for my Agent to get back to me.
Oh well! in 100 years nobody will give a dam about this moment in time; me either.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
After being on hold for 1 hour and 15 minutes, Westjet confirms that they have pushed all of their Dominican Republic flights to December. They can offer no assurances that those flight will actually fly as currently scheduled. WJ suggests checking again about mid-November to see if the schedule changes again.

Jan 9, 2004
I believe AC is buying all the shares of AT for $5 a share.
West jet usually carries 2,000,000 passengers a day ; but, since April only around 1,000,000 in total.
I think I just contributed to the Executive Payout....I loved that airline and was a real loyal passenger for about 250,000 miles a year in the past.
Still waiting for my Agent to get back to me.
Oh well! in 100 years nobody will give a dam about this moment in time; me either.

A day????????? That would be almost 3/4 of a billion passengers per year and dwarfing AA, one of the worlds largest carriers.

Based on its fleet size, it would seem that 2,000,000 a month would be more realistic.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
They fly approx 1.8 million people per month (pre Covid). At one time they where a responsible stand up company. Like most, new management and greed got in the way. I would put them in the top 10 for worst managed companies in Canada right now. I hope we can use our credit with them to return from the DR but they haven't committed to any type of an actual schedule yet.

Jan 9, 2004
They fly approx 1.8 million people per month (pre Covid). At one time they where a responsible stand up company. Like most, new management and greed got in the way. I would put them in the top 10 for worst managed companies in Canada right now. I hope we can use our credit with them to return from the DR but they haven't committed to any type of an actual schedule yet.

Perhaps it coincides with their sale to private firm Onex in late 2019.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Westjet also used to be the most afforable when flying to DR.. That torch has passed to Airtransat for now. Those prices will be soon gone as well with the purchase by air canada. So much for competition.

Reactions: RayO and Michael DR

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
A day????????? That would be almost 3/4 of a billion passengers per year and dwarfing AA, one of the worlds largest carriers.

Based on its fleet size, it would seem that 2,000,000 a month would be more realistic.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Could be I read it whn under the influence of Vodka...LOL

• Haha
Reactions: melphis
Jan 9, 2004
Could be I read it whn under the influence of Vodka...LOL

You got my attention.

I would buy the shares of a carrier that does 2,000,000 passengers a day. That is serious market share.

Alas, they fell a little short on passenger totals per day and went private in 2019.

And all the airlines are falling short these days............as flights to the DR are nowhere near pre-covid levels..........and not likely to return to pre-covid levels in the DR for at least a year.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I was notified by Agency not WJ that both my flights were cancelled .POP to Toronto and to Halifax.
Also that they would not be issuing a cash refund...only 13 month flight credit.

I contacted TD VISA and filed a dispute for refund.
They stated that they agree with my statement of claim and would process the claim forthwith. (4-6 weeks)
But there are no guarantees .......

I highly doubt WJ will be in business over the next 13 Months......So there we are !!!
I had better not comment on this anymore today...BP high and rising.
You all have a good day.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Back in April or May I got a full cash refund from Frontier. I just post this so that you know some do it.
Our daughter had tickets to DR on Frontier for April, but needless to say they never came, full cash refund. United made us jump through hoops for our unused return flight (they stopped flying, so we had to buy a ticket on a Jet Blue) but they finally refunded us a couple of months later.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Russell, if you are a gambling man there is an air transat flight scheduled from Montreal to POP on Nov. 13. Just checked and it is still scheduled. For how long I have no idea. If you are lucky, you may be able to get back to Montreal and then connect onward.

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Russell, if you are a gambling man there is an air transat flight scheduled from Montreal to POP on Nov. 13. Just checked and it is still scheduled. For how long I have no idea. If you are lucky, you may be able to get back to Montreal and then connect onward.
That is nuts. I had to double check what you posted , makes ZERO sense that they fly from montreal to POP but not from Toronto to POP ? :poop:

Kimj

Jul 4, 2020
Canada
I was also booked Nov 7th with West Jerk and got scammed and they cancelled but this time they literally waited to the last minute before clearing the calendar - so you think you are actually going! before they at least cleared their schedule a month prior, SCUMBAGS!! ugh