Canada to Rep Dom

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Russell, if you are a gambling man there is an air transat flight scheduled from Montreal to POP on Nov. 13. Just checked and it is still scheduled. For how long I have no idea. If you are lucky, you may be able to get back to Montreal and then connect onward.
I might be taking that Air Transat flight which would include me driving from Halifax to Montreal. Not going to book anything until the last minute due to uncertainty about flight cancellations as well as that covid thing.

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
I might be taking that Air Transat flight which would include me driving from Halifax to Montreal. Not going to book anything until the last minute due to uncertainty about flight cancellations as well as that covid thing.

Let us know how that works out . I have confidence in Air transat to punta cana . Took that flight last week. As far as going to POP . I see West JET Scammers showing dates for december and airtransat, they have both posted before accepted cash and cancelled . But the BOSS AIRLINE and thus far the only reasonable airline Air Canada , is not showing anything for POP , so i would follow their lead as they are not as cash strapped as the other two . I can see air transat doing it as they will be taken over by Air canada

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto

Refunds are coming to westjet passengers who were cancelled......
I got my refund a long time ago . Hope they fold. after reading the article , feels like they are revamping their cash grab, refund some. Get flights going , jack the price 25%-65%.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I do not like WJ, but the fact that they will be giving actual refunds suggests to me they have a plan. I just hope they refund me so that I never have to deal with them again. If not with any luck they will be around in March or April when I go back to Canada.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
You got my attention.

I would buy the shares of a carrier that does 2,000,000 passengers a day. That is serious market share.

Alas, they fell a little short on passenger totals per day and went private in 2019.

And all the airlines are falling short these days............as flights to the DR are nowhere near pre-covid levels..........and not likely to return to pre-covid levels in the DR for at least a year.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
In Canada watch Porter Air in the future.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I was also booked Nov 7th with West Jerk and got scammed and they cancelled but this time they literally waited to the last minute before clearing the calendar - so you think you are actually going! before they at least cleared their schedule a month prior, SCUMBAGS!! ugh
Sounds like last ditch effort to pay the bills...or goad Canadian Government into Subsidizing the Airline....

Reactions: Kimj

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
As long as Health Canada demands the 14 day isolation plan I have to make the contacts between Toronto and or Montreal to Halifax, rent a car and have it picked up at Little Brook then Isolate. I am permitted to stay at a hotel when arriving late at night in Halifax.
My friends cannot pick me up at the airport because they are all over 65.
If it were not that I am in need of specialized Medical attention ...I would ditch it all and settle down for the winter.
Of course there is the matter that my Temporary Residency procedure was interrupted by COVID19 and I do need to Return To Canada for Bio-Metrics
Aint it fun!
My friends sailed back from DR to Nova Scotia and were checked upon several times by RCMP. while in mandatory Isolation. Ouch!
Had it not been for a good Yacht Club looking out for them they would have starved.....
Ridiculousness does have its limits ....only not here.
Hope your trip does well Slowmo.

Reactions: slowmo

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
I got my refund a long time ago . Hope they fold. after reading the article , feels like they are revamping their cash grab, refund some. Get flights going , jack the price 25%-65%.

A less than intelligent comment.
WS has been providing great service to POP.
If they were gone you'd be left with AC/Rouge poor service and pricing.
Sunwing and Air Transat ould be limited options.

For the first time WS cancellations outpaced bookings, all airlines are struggling to survive.
At best by 2024 to 25 somewhat regular volume will return.

Reactions: Taylor

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto

For the first time WS cancellations outpaced bookings, all airlines are struggling to survive.
How so ? please refrain from making statements seeking attention, you have other options. tik-tok, twitter instagram .
Perhaps you should read the article first and then explain what it is that you failed to understand in my statement? As it states "some" will be refunded. If it is the word "some" that has you confused , see below :

some
/səm/
Learn to pronounce

determiner

1. 1.
    an unspecified amount or number of.
    "I made some money running errands"

2. 2.
    used to refer to someone or something that is unknown or unspecified.
    "I was talking to some journalist the other day"

pronoun
    1. 1.
      an unspecified number or amount of people or things.
      "here are some of our suggestions"

2. 2.
      at least a small amount or number of people or things.
      "surely some have noticed"

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
This might be a game changer. Calgary is test piloting a reduced quarantine from 14 days to 2 days.

Reactions: Kimj and Auryn

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
If these rapid tests are approved nationally, and my school division complies with federal law, we will be in the DR this December. Unless there’s a huge spike.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002

Refunds are coming to westjet passengers who were cancelled......
Only some will get refunds, others still get vouchers. Ticket purchases will get refunds, but those that bought plane tickets with hotel packages still get vouchers.
Class action law suit against WJ goes before the judge in the next few days. The speculation is that this offering of refunds is their attempt to show that the suit is void.....

Russell

Jun 17, 2017

Only some will get refunds, others still get vouchers. Ticket purchases will get refunds, but those that bought plane tickets with hotel packages still get vouchers.
Class action law suit against WJ goes before the judge in the next few days. The speculation is that this offering of refunds is their attempt to show that the suit is void.....
I do not disagree that West Jet provided exemplary service over the past years...my most favorite Airline.
But, who would have expected COVID 19 .... and the impact it has and will have on the Tourism Industry which includes the Airlines.

I asked TD VISA to refund me the ticket fare of $550.73 CDN$ when WJ only wanted to provide a credit that is effective for 13 months.
That was on Monday...today the funds were credited to my account ...Via VISA Dispute System.
So thank you all here for pointing me in the right direction ....at least my small investment was recovered.
Now I must work on an alternate Airline to Toronto or Montreal.
Will do that only on 30 so the bookings are more secure.
Thanks again for advice.
What a shame about the Airlines... the recovery will be long and painful, if they recover at all.
Russell

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
I do not disagree that West Jet provided exemplary service over the past years...my most favorite Airline.
But, who would have expected COVID 19 .... and the impact it has and will have on the Tourism Industry which includes the Airlines.

I asked TD VISA to refund me the ticket fare of $550.73 CDN$ when WJ only wanted to provide a credit that is effective for 13 months.
That was on Monday...today the funds were credited to my account ...Via VISA Dispute System.
So thank you all here for pointing me in the right direction ....at least my small investment was recovered.
Now I must work on an alternate Airline to Toronto or Montreal.
Will do that only on 30 so the bookings are more secure.
Thanks again for advice.
What a shame about the Airlines... the recovery will be long and painful, if they recover at all.
Russell
Glad you got your investement back . yes in the past WJ was a good airline , when the pandemic hit all airlines were affected. But westjet is the only one who kept posting dates for Puerto Plata , every month since August to always cancel them and just issue "voucher" , yes the other airlines offered vouchers/credits too but they stopped posting availability to Puerto plata . But to the point glad you got your refund.

• Haha
Reactions: Russell

Kimj

Jul 4, 2020
Canada
Glad you got your investement back . yes in the past WJ was a good airline , when the pandemic hit all airlines were affected. But westjet is the only one who kept posting dates for Puerto Plata , every month since August to always cancel them and just issue "voucher" , yes the other airlines offered vouchers/credits too but they stopped posting availability to Puerto plata . But to the point glad you got your refund.
yes, exactly!

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
We are currently sitting in the boarding area at Toronto on our way to PUJ. I was told the flight is about 60% full. Our flight from western Canada yesterday was about 75 to 80% full. Hopefully everything is on time today and runs smoothly.

Reactions: CDNBear

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
We are currently sitting in the boarding area at Toronto on our way to PUJ. I was told the flight is about 60% full. Our flight from western Canada yesterday was about 75 to 80% full. Hopefully everything is on time today and runs smoothly.
nice , but flights to PUJ have not been an issue for sometime , its flights from canada to POP that is the MISSING. SAFE JOURNEY

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Everything went great. Flight arrived on time and it was at least 60% full. Immigration and customs were dead slow. Our flight and a US carrier were the only ones there bit it was painfully slow getting through. Stopped at Jumbo and it was packed and already playing Christmas music. My heart goes out to those poor employees.
Beach is still incredible and the condo was good but a bit dirty after being locked up for 7 months.