Canada to Rep Dom

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
The Government of Alberta has announced that passengers on flights returning from out of country thru Calgary will only be subject to a 2 day quarantine. The test kit they give you is free but the instructions are still a bit vague. I have only ever gone thru Calgary to the DR once and it was on AC. It great not having to go thru Toronto or Montreal.
I think Air Transat is looking at that route again but it's still to early to tell.
Air transat is scheduled to fly from toronto to POP starting December 14th.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I have noticed that the Sunwing flight from Toronto to PUJ is almost always delayed. Pretty much every Friday flight is a minimum 1 hour delayed.
Does anyone know why? It can't be the airport on either end is busy.
Just wondering

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
You are right YYZ to POP West Jet will be having one flight a week ..Saturdays.. starting Dec. , We are booked on the Dec 5th flight apparently it is sold out," walking the beach soon."
Let us know if westjet(scammers) actually fly .

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I have noticed that the Sunwing flight from Toronto to PUJ is almost always delayed. Pretty much every Friday flight is a minimum 1 hour delayed.
Does anyone know why? It can't be the airport on either end is busy.
Just wondering
Well, I used to fly Sunwing to POP from Halifax they were always delayed it happens at the beginning of the flight... no real answers just happens; but the 15 hour delay in Halifax took me over to West Jet or Air Transat.... never had a problem except for COVID19 times.

Reactions: Lou2100

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Think I will try POP Toronto.Halifax mid January... After spending ten winters in Sub-Arctic . NS in Jan is a beach party LOL

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Sunwing delayed again today 2 hours 15 minutes. Maybe the pilot forgot the keys to the plane.
Other than they are one of the few still flying here I don't understand how they stay in business.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Anyone now entering Canada must fill out the form on ArriveCAN before boarding the plane.
Failure can result in delays and a $1,000 fine.
Either Google it or go to the Canadian gov website for more info.

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Anyone now entering Canada must fill out the form on ArriveCAN before boarding the plane.
But why wouldn't you upon return , they are not giving out the paper forms. TESTING out air transat next week hopeully .....🤞

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I was in Sosua this weekend and was told by
Canadians their government has started closing
down the airports again. Haven't checked the news
up there (don't normally) can anyone confirm?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
They haven't closed any airports. Since March only 4 allow international flights. They are talking about lay offs for several air traffic controllers as flights are down at least 70% with covid.
To date all regional airports are open
I was in Sosua this weekend and was told by
Canadians their government has started closing
down the airports again. Haven't checked the news
up there (don't normally) can anyone confirm?

Reactions: CristoRey

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
You are right but they also said that paper forms will be available at custom/airport for people that do not have access to the technology required.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
WestJet has come and gone from POP, now headed back to Toronto as scheduled. I wonder how long this travel option to Canada is going to last?

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Update Landed today with airtransat , the delays are to the way they are boarding and also not available was online check in , so you have to queue up to check in . Saw that for all 3 airlines that flew in today , sunwing , that line was CRAZY, SCAMJET/WESTJET and airtransat lines weren't as bad as sunwing's lineup.....So far so good . only set back which is crazy , they only have one heat scanner unlike PUJ.