Canadian killed in La Mulata II ?

W

william webster

Understood

But while we're at it...

I think the overly strict attitude to exclusively DR related hurts the normal back/forth of a discussion.

E.G.
if i state an example of how a current DR conundrum was resolved elsewhere in the world,
I have been chastised for it -- off topic

NO!!!
On Topic, and offering a proven solution

Too stringent at times can stifle a healthy discussion.....creo yo !!

W

waytogo

Understood

But while we're at it...

I think the overly strict attitude to exclusively DR related hurts the normal back/forth of a discussion.

E.G.
if i state an example of how a current DR conundrum was resolved elsewhere in the world,
I have been chastised for it -- off topic

NO!!!
On Topic, and offering a proven solution

Too stringent at times can stifle a healthy discussion.....creo yo !!

I agree, I have no intention of being stringent, as long as the posted topic is in the post a comparison elsewhere will not be a problem. Everyone, relax and enjoy, discussions will not be stifled..........

W

william webster

hahaha

I thought that might get your attention....it's an honest comment - and a true story !!
about being shut down for supplying a 'foreign' solution !!

Nice to see you !

W

windeguy

It has previously been stated that anyone who really has the details of the situation is not going to discuss it further.

H

Harleysrock

The killers got one year preventative jail and the maximum 40 years for murder with an illegal gun is what we will be seeking at trial.

W

windeguy

The killers got one year preventative jail and the maximum 40 years for murder with an illegal gun is what we will be seeking at trial.

I thought 30 years was the maximum for murder. Does the illegal gun add another 10 years?

M

Matilda

I thought 30 years was the maximum for murder. Does the illegal gun add another 10 years?

New law in 2016: "El órgano investigar destacó que la Ley No. 631-16 contiene el tipo penal que contempla una pena privativa de libertad máxima de 40 años. Dijo que el párrafo II indica que “cualquier persona física que le quite la vida a otra para cometer robo con violencia, poseyendo un arma de fuego ilegal, será castigada con una pena de 30 a 40 años de privación de libertad”."

Maximum jail sentence 40 years for those who kill in order to commit robbery with violence, possessing an illegal fire arm.

Only a couple of the maximum sentences have actually been handed down - it was reported in the DR1 news a couple of weeks ago.

Matilda

M

Matilda

DR1 news Weds May 8.

9. Few maximum convictions under the Arms Law
Law on Arms and Munitions 631-16 states that the jail sentence for use of an illegal weapon in murder is now 40 years. Those causing permanent injuries with the use of an illegal weapon can get up to 30 years in jail. Those who kill with a legal weapon can only get a 30 years maximum sentence. Those using an illegal weapon where the injuries are not permanent face 15 to 20 years in jail.

The law also states that if an illegal weapon is used in a kidnapping, the jail sentence is 40 years.
Murders during robberies and assaults with illegal firearms are not uncommon in the country, but rarely have the maximum sentences been applied.

In April this year, a Santo Domingo court sentenced two people, in separate cases, to the maximum 40-year sentence for murdering their victims with illegal weapons. The sentences surprised many Dominicans, who believed that the maximum jail term was 30 years as previously established in the Penal Code.

In addition, the law orders that public servants who lend their weapons to civilians and those civilians then commit a crime can get three to five years in jail.

The law also establishes that anyone who modifies a weapon in any way, be it removing the serial number, altering the ballistic fingerprint or any technical modification, will face up to 10 years in prison.

https://listindiario.com/la-republic...nos-en-el-pais
https://www.diariolibre.com/actualid...gal-AE12704598

Matilda

C

Caonabo

The accused parties will NOT receive 40 year sentences, regardless of what is requested. There are other intangibles within this case which will reduce their respective sentences. Sad but true.

P

Polar Bear

The accused parties will NOT receive 40 year sentences, regardless of what is requested. There are other intangibles within this case which will reduce their respective sentences. Sad but true.

Such as what?

P

Polar Bear

Intangibles. Stand by.

Nope. Not gonna be dangled. If you got something to say then say it.
This innuendo that you have some inside track is BS and anyone that's read your posts can see that.

C

Caonabo

Nope. Not gonna be dangled. If you got something to say then say it.
This innuendo that you have some inside track is BS and anyone that's read your posts can see that.

I said what needed to be say. I have no reason to play games. Re-read post #172, and when the case is closed, come back and read it again. You do not have to like a reality for it to be the truth.

P

Polar Bear

Just when I was starting to have a little respect for you...oh well

I don't disagree with what you said except for the total lack of specifics. This is not about you or I and should not be about being right.

You can have the last word if you choose and try and claim to be in the know but ,your lack of respect, for the dead, and need to appear to be superior all show who you are.

Time for me to withdraw to the sidelines, watch this deferentially and let things come to light officially and from those that really have insight. Unlike yourself ;)