Canadian woman, looking for a job in Puerto Plata

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Malibook said:
Why not?
It would be nice to see the naysayers proven wrong for a change.
What's wrong with having the odd positvie success story here once in awhile?:classic:
If it is the "Odd Positive Success Story", wouldn't the naysayers be proven right instead of wrong?

If wanted to gamble on the odd positive success story I would put my money on the One horse in the race because they finish first more often than the Nine horse and my odds would be better than trying to find the Odd Positive Success Story in love and marraige in the DR by Extrajaneros.

Ho boy, I digress... Good luck in your job search woman!

eso_mami

Jun 1, 2005
enough already

Escott said:
If it is the "Odd Positive Success Story", wouldn't the naysayers be proven right instead of wrong?

If wanted to gamble on the odd positive success story I would put my money on the One horse in the race because they finish first more often than the Nine horse and my odds would be better than trying to find the Odd Positive Success Story in love and marraige in the DR by Extrajaneros.

Ho boy, I digress... Good luck in your job search woman!

you say one comment on getting married and this starts. This is in the employment section, bring your comments to another forum. Lets focus on my job search. Sorry moderators!!!! I apologize for these peoples comments.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Hi, to work at the resorts, you need
- to speak 1-2 languages and Spanish
- to be better, i.e have experience, have contacts, look like a queen etc than
the 30.000 applying for work in Playa Dorada yearly.
- Waitress in a bar, payment around 3500 pesos-4000 pesos/month.

And you need to be here. At this level, i.e not CEO positions or simular, you need to network and for applying in Playa Dorada you need to fill out a form as well as provide photos at each place, and the chances for a foreigner with no experience, contacts or that does not live here are about zero.

Come here, look around when you are here. If you find something for example in telemarketing or simular, it is a start and you can take it from there.

Good luck.

eso_mami

Jun 1, 2005
carina said:
Hi, to work at the resorts, you need
- to speak 1-2 languages and Spanish
- to be better, i.e have experience, have contacts, look like a queen etc than
the 30.000 applying for work in Playa Dorada yearly.
- Waitress in a bar, payment around 3500 pesos-4000 pesos/month.

And you need to be here. At this level, i.e not CEO positions or simular, you need to network and for applying in Playa Dorada you need to fill out a form as well as provide photos at each place, and the chances for a foreigner with no experience, contacts or that does not live here are about zero.

Come here, look around when you are here. If you find something for example in telemarketing or simular, it is a start and you can take it from there.

Good luck.

WOW thank you Carina. I will look into it when i go for 3 weeks in april. I might not leave ;-)

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Escott said:
In a sense yes but I was referring to the naysayers coming down on eso_mami and her proving you wrong.:classic:

Eso_mami, assuming you do get one of those jobs, are you aware of what the costs of living are and what level of existence you will be able to afford?

eso_mami

Jun 1, 2005
Malibook said:
In a sense yes but I was referring to the naysayers coming down on eso_mami and her proving you wrong.:classic:

Eso_mami, assuming you do get one of those jobs, are you aware of what the costs of living are and what level of existence you will be able to afford?

who are they naysayers? and why are they so important? and yes Malibrook, i do know a lot about the cost of living in DR, it's tough! it would be a challenge, but i like challenges

eso_mami

Jun 1, 2005
ya veo

oh those kinds of people, i have enough people like that here in Canada to deal with LOL - I know how to deal with those people.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
All I'd like to add is this

Move there well in advance of getting married and look for a job and give it a try for a few months before taking the leap.

eso_mami

Jun 1, 2005
thanks Anna, means a lot to hear from a womans point of view ;-) buenas noches! hasta ma?ana