Cancer! Does Cuba help Dominicans?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Not sure that I indicated anywhere than someone with a medical issue should not seek help in Cuba, or anywhere else. Cancer is a terrible disease and if Cuban research has led to a cure I'm sure Fidel would offer it for free to the world, humanitarian that he is. It's amazing how some people can figure out a person's priorities from a posting on DR1.

You still don't get it do you bob? This isn't about Cuba or the Cuban government nor did anyone say Cuba has found a cure for cancer. This thread is about finding cheap or FREE treatment for a Dominican woman living in the Dominican Republic that can not afford treatment in the DR.

Can't wait to see how you'll spin this one around as well.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
jd, i poked my friend who poked her cuban ex.
he send me an email a link to this clinic: Cl?nica Central Cira Garc?a. Un servicio de salud con ?ptima calidad.
and contacts there that may help:

persons that might be able to help you with some information are:
Elizabeth Fernandez Curi: efcuri@fie.uo.edu.cu
Maite Abreu: mtabreu@infomed.sld.cu

i am sorry i cannot help more but your neighbours may reach out to the doctors there for some more info.

Thanks dv8. I have already printed out an "info" sheet for my neighbors with the previous info.
I will hand them the above info (I already had something on CIRAG) but not the e-mails.

Let's see if they act on it and if they get a result.
I also suggested they ought to simply approach the Cuban consulate and supplied them with the contact info (that's what I would do first).

Thanks to everybody! ... J-D.