Candelier para Presidente

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
It was just a joke, lol. He has been very tough on tax/custom fees evaders.

In essence, he seems to be a good civil servant.

Last edited:

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
aegap said:
It was just a joke, lol. He has been very tough on tax/custom fees evaders.

Well he gets a pretty big commission on what he consfiscates AND he doesn't need to prove any wrong-doing in order to make arrests and confiscations.
(Customs operates outside the penal code via special powers granted by Trujillo back in the day)

All it means when he identifies a tax/customs fee evader is that his department did not do it's job when the goods were imported.

But the two reasons I don't think he would be a good president have nothing to do with that.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
MrMike said:
Well he gets a pretty big commission on what he
But the two reasons I don't think he would be a good president have nothing to do with that.

Thank You for the tidbits of incite, but now you left me in suspense.

Was he the director of the DGA in Leonel's previous administration?

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Yes he was.

Incidentally I do some occasional importing and I am actually paying less than ever to import goods, however the time and hassles it is taking as everything is checked and double-checked with nobody at customs trusting each other is driving me up the wall.

Contrary to popular notions, one of the more common bribe scenarios in dealing with customs is not paying them to under-value your goods, it's paying them NOT to OVER-value your goods. So less corruption in customs often means less expense for importers, not the other way around.

Based on evaluation of competitor pricing however, there do seem to still be alot of people out there who are either:

1) selling stolen goods or,
2) selling goods below cost or,
3) not paying a dime to customs

I think #3 is more likely.

RTM

Nov 8, 2007
"What the Eyes See and the Ears Hear the Mind BELIEVES"

wutup MrMike, ain't getting sweet deals from DGA anymore? ;)
Now you might be thinking, what is all that about in the title of my comment?

I will tell in brief words what I what you to know:

1st Rule on the Dominican Republic, Public/Political environment there isn't such things as SAINTS

2nd Rule on the Dominican Republic The SAINTs MakeUP, is REALLY Bad but it only works because of the people are sooo NAIVE!

3rd Rule NOT ALL THE CONFISCATED MERCHANDISE IS BROUGHT ILLEGALLY BUT THERE ARE OTHERS THAT ABIDE BY THE LAW AND THEY ARE ALSO PUT IN THE SAME BAG FOR ECONOMICAL$$$ AND POLITICAL$$$ WISE INTERESTS

4th Rule Every Dog has its Day and Some people can sometimes, Full the World but cannot full the ONE and most of all cannot full themselves and their conscience, because even a corrupted person has an unreachable to be corrupted Godlike image inside of everyone of us. That does Gods judging more effectively and quickly than we just might imagine!!!!

Enjoy
>;-)>

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Dear "RTM" We Have a "RULE" On DR1!!!!!!!!

A Poster has to wait AT LEAST 24 hours after "Dropping Acid" before posting on DR1.

Please try posting "Manana"!
Until then try playing "INAGADALAVIDA" 200 times!

Have a happy "TRIP" my man!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Trujillo2

Nov 19, 2007
This is what Dominican Republic really needs and that is another Rafael Trujillo. General Candelier would make the perfect replacement. We need a president or a dictator that will not tolerate corruption. For many years now all the past presidents have stolen millions of dollars from the country. All this money has been sent over sea to secret bank accounts in switzerland and other parts of Europe. The United States should investigate the current president and past presidents and their history of borrowing money for so called projects which at the end are never finished and leave the country more in debt. This so called presidents have left the country into more poberty by adjusting salaries to individuals in their own party to rediculous high amount of money and giving them special treatment. I know members of the PLD which are Illiterate and barely know how to read and have a ridiculous high salary which ironically are higher than what a teacher makes in the Dominican Republic including even the United States. The Dominican Republic will never advance from third world status until people start to realise the bunch of Illiterate they vote for office.

Trujillo2

Nov 19, 2007
The Dominican Republic was tricked by Leonel Fernandez and the PLD. They were preaching something and they did something else. They got in to the power by being humble and without money. After 6 month they all had SUVs, Mercedez, Ferraris. Even Leonel's cousin has 100 Million Dollars in bank accounts. I know because I was a leader of the PLD party. The biggest shocker of leonel fernandez is in the department of official civil. He gives them 54 percent of all entry and luxury salary. A police officers gets paid 3,000 pesos monthly and a civil helper of the president gets paid 900,000 pesos monthly and has 47 vice counsels in boston, miami, philadelphia a bunch of lazy getting paid in dollars while the country dies in hunger. This President is incapable of running this country.

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
Candelier may not be an option now during this present elections, but in the next election he may be one of the top candidates to win.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Candelier (wannabe dictator) will never win in The DR. Talk about pulling a veil in front of people's eyes. This guy is one of the most corrupt police commissioners we've had and on top of that intolerant.

I do agree that if he was in power petty theft will probably go down, but be careful what you wish for. All you have to know is that this guy owns a villa in Casa de Campo, has a huge house in Santo Domingo that even has a helipad (Does he own a Helicopter? I don't know.), amongst other properties....and all that with a 30,000 pesos a month salary.