Cangrejo bridge closed due to major structural failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I think it's because they know that would cause long lines on either side of the bridge waiting for their turn to cross and they know Dominicans have no respect for lines or waiting their turn. Very soon you would drivers on both sides jumping the line and the inevitable traffic jam. Much better to let one side to cross the bridge uninterrupted and make the other side take the detour.
So true - taxis and everyone driving a Sonata, CRV, Tahoe and Four Runner would try to jump ahead.
The only place I have seen such disrespect for waiting one's turn was in Saudi Arabia. The Arabs had zero respect for others

Reactions: AlaninDR

Luz del mundo

Banned
Apr 4, 2022
Dominican Republic
I think it's because they know that would cause long lines on either side of the bridge waiting for their turn to cross and they know Dominicans have no respect for lines or waiting their turn. Very soon you would drivers on both sides jumping the line and the inevitable traffic jam. Much better to let one side to cross the bridge uninterrupted and make the other side take the detour.
Your point is valid and I dont disagree.. rTaffic yes ,but it would still be more bearable than the alternative Imho but that aside , the police and milatary presence is so heavy at the entrance its unlikely it would be as out of hand as you describe , especially if motoconchos cannot cross...

Luz del mundo

Banned
Apr 4, 2022
Dominican Republic
Your point is valid and I dont disagree.. rTaffic yes ,but it would still be more bearable than the alternative Imho but that aside , the police and milatary presence is so heavy at the entrance its unlikely it would be as out of hand as you describe , especially if motoconchos cannot cross...
And also remenber , CRVs and Tahoes or any over sized ride are not allowed to cross.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
That's part of the problem right there - the police are there where the problem is. Typical Dominican mentality - try to solve a crisis instead of preventing it in the first place. There should be police at the back of the line to prevent drivers from jumping the line in the first place.

Luz del mundo

Banned
Apr 4, 2022
Dominican Republic
That's part of the problem right there - the police are there where the problem is. Typical Dominican mentality - try to solve a crisis instead of preventing it in the first place. There should be police at the back of the line to prevent drivers from jumping the line in the first place.
Ok and just how " far back " do you suggest the blockade start ? Either way the problem will begin before traffic reaches the first point of defense and please dont suggest that the U.S ( road rage capital of the world ) has cornered the market as the great example in how to properly and civily control traffic jams .
That said , yes we are dealing with illogical Dominican logic and as i posted earlier " nothing is a potential problem here until its an ugent dilema ".
If its not broke dont fix it but the Dominican mentality suggests that if its not broke then wait until it does and its not even fixable.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Ok and just how " far back " do you suggest the blockade start ? Either way the problem will begin before traffic reaches the first point of defense and please dont suggest that the U.S ( road rage capital of the world ) has cornered the market as the great example in how to properly and civily control traffic jams .
Who said anything about a "blockade"? The police should just be there towards the back of the line to waive anyone over that jumps the line. Just what are you reading anyway? I never suggested anything about the US "cornering the market, blah, blah, blah,..." The inference is yours.

With only half the traffic now on the detour, I still think they have come up with the best solution.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
That said , yes we are dealing with illogical Dominican logic and as i posted earlier " nothing is a potential problem here until its an ugent dilema ".
If its not broke dont fix it but the Dominican mentality suggests that if its not broke then wait until it does and its not even fixable.
Welcome back Oscuridad del mundo!
Why are you so bitter towards Dominicans?
There are other places in the world with better bridges.

1652549165900.png

Luz del mundo

Banned
Apr 4, 2022
Dominican Republic
Who said anything about a "blockade"? The police should just be there towards the back of the line to waive anyone over that jumps the line. Just what are you reading anyway? I never suggested anything about the US "cornering the market, blah, blah, blah,..." The inference is yours.

With only half the traffic now on the detour, I still think they have come up with the best solution.
Im about to cross the bridge again now actually !
I will pass on your praise report to the Commandante before grabbing a cold one on the other side lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Tamborista

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
And also remenber , CRVs and Tahoes or any over sized ride are not allowed to cross.
A CRV is no heavier than a Sonata. I'm sure they aren't going to try to sort 2 axle vehicles. If the bridge can't support a Tahoe they shouldn't reopen it for any cars

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
I am reading on social media that they opened the bridge for light traffic in both directions about one hour ago

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
A highly trafficked collapsed bridge repaired in two weeks without closing it down. You have to be kidding me. More than. That, and someone calculated the foot traffic and apparently Hyundai sonata weights per minute per week to allow for maximum support.

amordecanada

Jul 19, 2014
So true! I took the detour back the other day and sure enough cars, trucks, even a bulldozer passed by me and others. I don't understand why they think getting 2 cars ahead makes things go faster.....but sure enough they create a bottleneck. It took me about an hour to get thru the detour.

Reactions: cavok

Luz del mundo

Banned
Apr 4, 2022
Dominican Republic
People are reacting as if London bridge is falling down when in reality Congrejo bridge fractured its wrist...
For the verified record , its literally only 1 metal pillar of about 10 that was broken and if it were not for precautionary common sense , the bridge would most likely be as operable now as it was had they done nothing.

Reactions: La Profe_1

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
People are reacting as if London bridge is falling down when in reality Congrejo bridge fractured its wrist...
For the verified record , its literally only 1 metal pillar of about 10 that was broken and if it were not for precautionary common sense , the bridge would most likely be as operable now as it was had they done nothing.
You must be two sheets to the wind by now, lol.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
A highly trafficked collapsed bridge repaired in two weeks without closing it down. You have to be kidding me. More than. That, and someone calculated the foot traffic and apparently Hyundai sonata weights per minute per week to allow for maximum support.
The bridge has been closed(?). Remember the bridge in Jamao? Now, that was a collapsed bridge! They determined it couldn't collapse any more, so they decided it was good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.