Car dealer sale

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
100k rollback on the speedo is the norm. Modern cars will go 200,000 miles easily if they are well maintained. The interiors wear out before the engines and transmissions. Once in the DR it all changes. The roads, no oil changes and general abuse kill most cars quickly. Toyota cars and Hilux trucks are the exception. They go and go and go in spite of being abused. The bright lights is almost a competition in the DR. I can proudly say that almost no one failed to dim when I lit up the night. They will save you though. Twice I nearly hit horses in the road. One giant horse was sleeping cross wise and never woke up as I passed his nose. The others were just running down the road in the mountains in the middle of the night. Dont drive at night. The sleeping horse was the final straw that caused me to listen to everyones advice on night time driving.

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
Carfax is fine but...

Carfax is fine but...

In my used car hunting experiences in Santo Domingo ... using Carfax, virtually all the cars from numerous used car dealers that I checked were, according to Carfax, salvage vehicles from the U.S..
Salvage vehicles are insurance write-offs from floods, fires, crashes, etc.
Carfax did not work on vehicles that come direct from Japan, Korea, etc.
My advice is to buy a used car from someone who bought it here, new. That may not be so easy to find.
Also if I was going to buy a new or used vehicle again, I would get an American car like GM, Dodge or Ford that was made in the U.S. or a ?foreign? car made in the US. The reason for this is parts. I have owned an obscure model Mitsubishi that came direct from Japan and a Hyundai that came direct from Korea. With these vehicles I am at the mercy or the local market for parts which sometimes is ok and other times is a disaster. With a U.S. manufactured car I could go online and usually fine any part I need and get it shipped. Even with shipping, parts are often much cheaper to buy than purchasing in the local market.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Vast majority of imports are from US auctions. Local market for Toyota parts is excellent plus. Final word - TOYOTA.