Card cloning in LT

Jan 7, 2016
Any time you use an ATM you have to check on the integrity of the Card Reader and look for concealed cameras trying to view your PIN as you enter it. I cover my hand with my other hand ANYTIME I use an ATM here or ANYWHERE.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This below is one way they do this. This happened in San Jose, Costa Rica.

The devices do their work after a criminal inserts the thin plastic device into an ATM card reader [or merchant terminal]. The device than reads and stores every ATM users’ card information the moment they insert the card into the machine. The criminal returns later in the day and retrieves the device, which may by then have the full data of hundreds of cards stored on it. That information is later used to create clones of the users’ cards, or for online purchases.

The skimmers are also sometimes placed in the credit card terminals at retail establishments, restaurants, and other places that accept credit cards

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
People beware. The Russians, Ukrainians and eastern Europeans have been doing this
in south east asia for years. Its only a matter of time before they discover how ?laid back?
things are down here and we start seeing more arrest like this one. Always protect the pin
at the atm machine.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
People beware. The Russians, Ukrainians and eastern Europeans have been doing this
in south east asia for years. Its only a matter of time before they discover how ?laid back?
things are down here and we start seeing more arrest like this one. Always protect the pin
at the atm machine.

Read Post #3. You cannot protect anything if they do this.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there has been a bunch of arrest regarding credit card frauds all over DR. seems that often the foreigners are involved in this trade. eastern europe representin'.