Caribe Tours Bus

MANGOS

Jul 24, 2012
that would be a time based trip..if i screw one thing up then im late...with it been a important lawyer appointment i want to make certain im there and on time as all paperwork and medical gets done in one day

May 17, 2011
it looks like the schedule I am looking at from STI to sosua the bus leaves STI every hour from 9 am to 9 PM. I've been told the cab fare from sti airport to metro bus station is about 20.00.

Now for the return are the hours the same for the bus schedule or would be different? Also is the time the same?

In the future I may fly into SDQ or even La Romana and take the bus up to the north coast. These schedules are hard to read since I don't speak or read spanish? Are they every hour as well?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
..............Now for the return are the hours the same for the bus schedule or would be different? Also is the time the same?................
Use the interactive map for time and price. It is fairly easy to navigate without knowing Spanish.

Caribe Tours | Portada

Also note there are two Caribe bus stations in Santiago. I am not sure which is which. Maybe someone can post which of the two stations is closest to the airport.

Don't rule out Metro as another option traveling to and from Sosua.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Sosua to Santago runs every hour at 20 minutes past the hour. They start at 6:20AM and run till 6:20PM.

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
italnstallion99

If you want to take the bus you will need a taxi to go to santo domingo first as the airport is about 20 minute ride from SDQ
I think the last bus leaves SDQ around 4 or 5pm so depending on your flight time this may not even be an option for you. If you fly into SDQ later than 3pm you would not likely get to the coach station in time as it is a good 20 minute taxi ride to the caribe station from the airport.

I arrived at 3pm and ended up just jumping into a taxi which took me straight to the New Garden Hotel.

I would suggest that you contact the New Garden and they will arrange for one of their own drivers to go to SDQ and meet you at the airport. The Cost will be around $200 for the trip and obviously if you are with friends the cost will be shared amongst yourselves.

It is the easiest way for you to get to the hotel without hassle and worry. Also if you take this taxi, you have the option to stop along the way (most drivers will take the mountain road up to moca) and get something to eat or just have a beer and take some shots of the view.

hope this helps

dave

edit. if you coming to STI then Why are you even thinking about the bus? just call the hotel and they will send a driver to meet you. Not sure of cost but just ask them when you call or email.