Caribe Tours from "Las Americas" to Sosua?

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
I looking if Caribe Tours goes from "Las Americas" to Sosua. Their web site does not seem to work now? Anyone have taken Caribe tour from "Las Americas" to Sosua recently?

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I haven't taken it recently, but I did the trip from the "Las Americas" Caribe Express bus station to Rio San Juan a couple of years ago. You probably know the bus station is not at the airport, so you would need a taxi to get there. Then the bus goes straight through to Rio San Juan with a couple of stops on the way. Then a carrito or gua-gua goes all the way to Sosua. I paid the carrito driver 500 pesos to leave immediately with just me on board and a guarantee of the front seat to myself all the way to my home in Cabarete.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I looking if Caribe Tours goes from "Las Americas" to Sosua. Their web site does not seem to work now? Anyone have taken Caribe tour from "Las Americas" to Sosua recently?
Yes, that's the only way I have gone.

You can either leave from the main station on 27 de Febrero or the Las Americas station. I you choose the Las Americas station (close to La Caleta/airport), they drop you off in La Vega and then you wait for the bus from 27 de Febrero. It's usually a 15-20 minute wait but there's a station with bathrooms there so it's not bad. Because I live in Boca Chica, it's much easier for me to take the Las Americas bus than going into the bowels of the capital.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Yes, that's the only way I have gone.

You can either leave from the main station on 27 de Febrero or the Las Americas station. I you choose the Las Americas station (close to La Caleta/airport), they drop you off in La Vega and then you wait for the bus from 27 de Febrero. It's usually a 15-20 minute wait but there's a station with bathrooms there so it's not bad. Because I live in Boca Chica, it's much easier for me to take the Las Americas bus than going into the bowels of the capital.
Thank you, Is this a recent trip because others have said the bus goes to Rio San Juan. It make sense for you from Boca Chica but if I have a bus transfer with a large suit case I would prefer no transfer and sucker up the trip to Santo Domingo.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Thank you, Is this a recent trip because others have said the bus goes to Rio San Juan. It make sense for you from Boca Chica but if I have a bus transfer with a large suit case I would prefer no transfer and sucker up the trip to Santo Domingo.
No, it was over 6 months ago. I've probably done it 3 or 4 times since living here.

BTW, this coming Tuesday I'm going from Las Americas to Santiago. I will be able to tell if they still exit the PP, Sosua, and RSJ passengers at La Vega. I should be able to let you know Tuesday PM.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Take metro. Caribe stops almost on every garbage bin on the way.
LOL...Not too far from the truth. Several times I've been on Caribe and they've made "unscheduled" stops at a passenger's request. They did it once for me going to Santo Domingo. Last month we took Metro to Sosua on the way to Cabarete. The bus stopped at Puerto Plata and the six Sosua-bound passengers were then put in a taxi for the rest of the ride. I found that odd.

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
From Las Americas bus stop, there are busses to various places. When you buy a ticket to Sosua you are sent first to La Vega, as Nan stated, there you will board the express to Puerto Plata which continues to Sosua. Cost is 550RD unless the prices went up for the new year. Safe travels!

Reactions: westcan

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Take metro. Caribe stops almost on every garbage bin on the way.
Hasn't been my experience. Caribe Tours from Jarabacoa stops in La Vega for 5 minutes, then usually a stop at the first metro station in Santo Domingo and then at the main station. There may occasionally be someone getting off somewhere else in Santo Domingo but it is usually very fast.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Hasn't been my experience. Caribe Tours from Jarabacoa stops in La Vega for 5 minutes, then usually a stop at the first metro station in Santo Domingo and then at the main station. There may occasionally be someone getting off somewhere else in Santo Domingo but it is usually very fast.
That has always been mine too. I've probably taken CT about 15 times in the last 5 years, to/from PP, Sousa, Santiago, and Dajabon.

Now, Bavaro Express back from the east coast is mucho different. That's good because it lets us off at the Boca Chica station.

westcan

Sep 10, 2008
From Las Americas bus stop, there are busses to various places. When you buy a ticket to Sosua you are sent first to La Vega, as Nan stated, there you will board the express to Puerto Plata which continues to Sosua. Cost is 550RD unless the prices went up for the new year. Safe travels!
did that trip in August 2023, transferred buses in la Vega, with no wait

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I did Santiago Santo Domingo, recently. 5 mn stop in LaVega then onto the capital.

At the bus depot in Santiago they had a new sign up saying Aeropuerto Las Americas so I was wondering if they go to the airport proper now ?

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
No, it was over 6 months ago. I've probably done it 3 or 4 times since living here.

BTW, this coming Tuesday I'm going from Las Americas to Santiago. I will be able to tell if they still exit the PP, Sosua, and RSJ passengers at La Vega. I should be able to let you know Tuesday PM.
Thank you

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010

Please can you try to get a schedule of the departure times from Caribe Tours "Las Americas" .Web site does not work. Thank You

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua

Rio San Juan passengers go on a different bus, and go straight north on highway #7 through Nagua and west as far as RSJ, where it turns around and returns to the capitol. Only Santiago, PP, and Sosua passengers route through La Vega.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Just in case anybody is interested.

I phoned Caribe tours last week to check if there was a direct Santiago to LasAmericas. The answer was no, switch over in Santo Domingo.
Ok, so I planned according.

Well it turns out there is a direct bus. Duuh. Empty too, versus the full buses to SD.
Then you have to get a taxi from the bus stop to the airport. Anywhere between 400 and 700 pesos depending on how patient one is.

The direct bus also cuts off A LOT of time, as it doesn't go through SD.

Reactions: AlterEgo
Jan 9, 2004
Just in case anybody is interested.

I phoned Caribe tours last week to check if there was a direct Santiago to LasAmericas. The answer was no, switch over in Santo Domingo.
Ok, so I planned according.

Well it turns out there is a direct bus. Duuh. Empty too, versus the full buses to SD.
Then you have to get a taxi from the bus stop to the airport. Anywhere between 400 and 700 pesos depending on how patient one is.

The direct bus also cuts off A LOT of time, as it doesn't go through SD.
So there is no direct bus from Santiago to Las Americas....................but there is a bus that goes directly from Santiago to the bus stop in SD....from which you take a taxi to Las Americas.

Is that correct?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2