Caribe Tours Santo Doming to Cabrera

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Although a long way off food for thought. Dominicans put their children in the seat next to them in hopes no one will say.. move that kid I paid for that seat <G>. So you can try that or just pay full price for seats for your children. gorgon mentioned bus is cold to say the least. Jacket and a light blanket may just prove to be the thing to have. Also food is not allowed on the bus although you can pack it in your carry on and once the bus gets moving just snack away. Most of Caribe Tours buses have Wi-Fi but how dependable and strong the signal is can vary from day to day..................

i bought a jacket for the express purpose of using it on CaribeTours. i have no other use for it...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
In my opinion, there is no such thing as a stupid question here, and it matters not how long one has been a member here or how much DR experience they have. I'm a perfect example, going there since 1975, owned property since late 70s, but I've never taken a bus, a publico or the metro/train.

I'd have to ask too. 

Ask me about Santo Domingo, San Cristobal, Bani...... anywhere else I'm not your girl. 

Let's all try to bring common courtesy back here.  If someone asks a question that you can answer, please do.

If you can't, just keep on scrolling. 

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
I have used Caribe Tours several times from Santo Domingo to Jarabacoa, Sosua, Rio San Juan. Each time I had no difficulties. Price is great for the length of trip. Comfortable and no luggage issue. Yes it does get chilly and I try to get a seat to observe about where my luggage is. But never had an issue. Biggest issue is getting on the right bus at the start of the trip. LOL Bad hearing coupled with bad language skills. Bus is clean with comfortable seats.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
.......Biggest issue is getting on the right bus at the start of the trip. LOL Bad hearing coupled with bad language skills......

Wish I remember which dr1 member first posted this but when you get your white/yellow - ticket/receipt underneath "Ficha" will be three numbers e.g. 123. This number is the number of the bus you will board. Works 9 out of 10 times except when at the last minute they switch buses cause your bus got a flat tire.

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
1 yr later same trip!

Wish I remember which dr1 member first posted this but when you get your white/yellow - ticket/receipt underneath "Ficha" will be three numbers e.g. 123. This number is the number of the bus you will board. Works 9 out of 10 times except when at the last minute they switch buses cause your bus got a flat tire.

One year later and just looked of old thread discussion to refresh aspects and helpful comments people posted. Had to laugh at the arrogance of some of the jackasses that posted to my thread! Anyways been in a barrio north of Santo Domingo for a few weeks and will now depart to Cabrera for a month via Caribe Tours. There were several good points shared on this thread last year and I appreciate the help!