Carnival la Vega

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
that is a tradition that nobody will be able to explain to me to my satisfaction. i will never understand how hitting someone you do not know with an object is supposed to be fun. this is the twenty first century. some things belong in the dustbin of history. worse yet, some people actually make these offensive devices as a way of making a living, and sell them to offensive people.

Sep 4, 2012
Dont' want to get hit, don't go. Its traditional on this carnaval for the diablos cojuelos to slash people's rear, although no doubt they took advantage of your wife and instead abused her.

hombre987

Nov 17, 2013
Sorry about your wife's pain. Was thinking of going with my family but that's now scratched off the DR To Do list.

ray718

May 28, 2010
VIP provides a little relief

Well I think if you are prepared and know they will do this it could be ok or sit in the VIP section etc... A year later and she still has permanent marks on her ass from them.

It's true the VIP sections do provide a little relief and a great view of the festivities. Unfortunately when you leave the VIP section, you have to deal with the immature or drunk fools that ruin the carnival experience.

Ray718

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
There are VIP sections and there are VIP sections, I would not call an RD 100 ticket exactly VIP.
The stampede to get in this VIP area was not exactly the highlight of my adventure to La Vega.
The Veganas are worth the trip any other day of the year:classic:

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Wife and kids and cousins etc. go to La Vega and claim to have a good time. I stay home and enjoy the peace and quiet. Win/Win

I do enjoy the Santo Domingo parade!