Carnival scuba divers get shipwrecked in Sosua,..

Fredo

Mar 17, 2013
Just heard this on the jungle phone, the dive center at Casa marina managed to sink their dive boat with Carnival divers on board.

Does anyone have more info on this ?

habi

Oct 17, 2015
Ok, what is good luckily nobody got inured! The Catamaran from Seapro (they are handling the cruisers) was loaded to the top with divers and equipment and the bilge pumps did stop to work... Some emergency evacuation of the Catamaran was necessary and they used smaller boats to finish the tour..

Interesting is that for some reason the shore excursions for diving are at the moment not available on carnival.com

http://www.carnival.com/common/cclu...ons/amber-cove/certified-two-tank-dive-445046

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
I'm a monohull guy through and through, but my understanding is that catamarans are not only faster, but also unsinkable.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Just heard this on the jungle phone, the dive center at Casa marina managed to sink their dive boat with Carnival divers on board.

Does anyone have more info on this ?

Well. This is certainly good for future excursions. NOT!

habi

Oct 17, 2015
I know about at least one Catamaran sinking at Sosua Bay few years ago... Cadissa.
Lines to short and Capitan not on duty... :ermm:

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
The cartoon life of living in the DR. You really can't make this stuff up.

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
it didn't sink. it only got some wather in the boot, the tourists went diving and 2 minutes later there was already another both there for them.