Carolina Mejia Jimenez

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
David Collado in the meantime is driving around looking for more and more photo opportunities ..has there ever been a man who posts so many selfies!!
Karim once said that he attempted to make a political alliance with Collado, but he couldn't because Collado "prive en fruta fina," his words in quote marks.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I can't imagine why David wasn't interested in forming an alliance with Karim.

But then again, I don't think any politician has a desire to have any connection with him.

Feb 7, 2007
I respect yours as well.
No desire to see you have issues
when trying to do business down here.
The less issues people like us have, the more willing people/ companies are to invest in the DR.
It's not directly me, be side I do business in SD. But I have friends who are in the same line of business (ISP) in Santiago and this is what everyone there is saying.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Rubio
Is the FOIA process here (in the DR) similar /same as FOIA in the states for example? Here, is it responsive...and to what degree?
Mods: Sorry this is drifting BUT i think this is an important subject (and all the questions that are part of)...perhaps a separate thread?
For ex: (This will be my last drift...) I am using the FOIA in the US to determine what the government has received regarding income that was reported to them. ie; sale of houses. I received from them a list of what they know about me. Obviously it's like me playing a card game and I know the opponents's hand.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Can you keep a secret?
I think they are all corrupt.
That said I prefer a corrupt
Mayor who cares about giving
the residences of this beautiful
city a better quality of life. It's
cleaner, safer and better organized
under Abel. I'd cast my ballot for him if I were eligable to vote.
If you feel he's doing ya wrong, you have every right to take him/ his folks to court.
On my first visit to Santiago years ago the garbage was about 6 feet tall on all the sidewalks....Not knowing much about Abel. I do know his work as Mayor and I like it, as I live here......

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Can you keep a secret?
I think they are all corrupt.
That said I prefer a corrupt
Mayor who cares about giving
the residences of this beautiful
city a better quality of life. It's
cleaner, safer and better organized
under Abel. I'd cast my ballot for him if I were eligable to vote.
If you feel he's doing ya wrong, you have every right to take him/ his folks to court.
Sometimes corruption is corruption, sometimes it's just another way for the status quo to route out reformers.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Maybe Santiago should become like Santo Domingo (Santo Domingo Este in particular) again. Afterall, this was true before Abel arrived.

Garbage on the main streets.

City government campaign directed towards people that litter caught in the act.

Destruction of anything blocking the sidewalks (pedestrians are priority).

It seems the people that want Abel out don't live in Santiago, while those that mention how much the city has changed during his city government live in the city. Does that has something to do with it? :unsure:

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Naturally, an informal vendor illegally occupying a sidewalk, which is obstructing the pedestrian way, complains about Abel's intention to remove them. I guess Abel is bad. What is his city government doing thinking about the pedestrians. San5iago should be like Santo Domingo, a model city for the DR. The interest of the minority is above the majority. That's the Dominican way. :cry:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Having moved from Barrio La Campana/ Villa Farro to Santiago back in June of 2015. When it comes to cleanliness, citizen security and organization.. there's no comparision.

I also find the people of Saintiago to be a lot more relaxed and not as stressed out.
Overall better quality of life in my opinion..

Reactions: JD Jones