Carretera Turistica

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Work on that road is long overdue. It will be most welcome

Could someone come with a better estimate of when it will be finished. I just drove back from there and I would for sure go there more often if it was finished. There where a few more strethes in use but there is still the tiresome part left between La Romana and Punta Cana. There is a bridge that needs to be build still before La Romana coming from Bavaro. I am guessing two more years before it is finished.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Could someone come with a better estimate of when it will be finished. I just drove back from there and I would for sure go there more often if it was finished. There where a few more strethes in use but there is still the tiresome part left between La Romana and Punta Cana. There is a bridge that needs to be build still before La Romana coming from Bavaro. I am guessing two more years before it is finished.

Well let's see they have been repairing it now for 5 years or more, and it's condition has only gotten worse. So when will it be done....my estimate 2025 at the earliest.

Bob K

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
According to the papers, it is SCHEDULED to be fully finished and running by the end of this year. The road from La Romana to Punta Cana area.

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
Well, if one tries to make lemonade out of lemons-- the C.T. still has the same magnificent views and now you can putt along as slow as you want to enjoy them because there is no traffic. Very peaceful and as scenic as ever. I have a solar near Sonador so I visit often. As far as the gov fixing the road- I'll believe it when I see it. The C.T. actually lost much of its traffic years ago due to the opening of the Santiago airport. K