Centro Medico Cabarete - Dr Roberto Caballi

Status
Not open for further replies.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Maybe I just wanted an excuse to mention Ginny again. I miss her.
Not too surprisingly tomas2 you are not alone in that feeling. Most however have learned over the years of her postings to spell her name correctly .......... it was GinnIE!

........... but I see it on-topic (related to quality of care).
This thread is about Cabarete Medical Centre & Dr Roberto Spitali ........... Ginnie was not diagnosed or treated by CMC, a doctor from Puerto Plata came to see her AT HOME.

............. she passed away suddenly from a condition that didn’t seem to be life-threatening to those living in a first world country (I won’t mention what it was, but didn’t sound like a life-threatening disease to me anyway).

Perhaps you would care to write to me at my e-mail address & tell me what you KNOW about this non life threatening condition tomas2?

Right after it happened, I remember Graham writing that he would post more when he knew what the facts were. I have not seen it.
The people who need to know are aware of the facts tomas2. I have enough bad memories of that day without having to regurgitate the day onto a public notice board. I would be 'obliged' if you would be so kind as to just let this matter drop here!!

I only mention it because I felt Ginny was truly one of those people that would want information to be posted if it was factual, and could contribute to an important discussion.

I am well aware of the PM's & e-mails that passed between yourself & Ginnie & the 'specific needs' which you have - she was experienced & very perceptive in that way. She was also very professional & would not ever have mentioned such matters here ............. I am NOT so professional!!

If you get the idea that I might be a little pi$$ed off with your desire to get a few moments recognition on the coat-tails of someone loved & respected here ................. You would be DEAD right. ~ Grahame (Spelled with an 'e' at the end as it has been for the last 3,800 odd posts on DR1)

(With apologies to the moderators for my rant!!)

Last edited:

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Hang on Grahame, I think you are being a little harsh there.

Let me remind you of one of your previous posts:

I can not presently give details as to the cause of Ginnie's death because I do not know them myself. I am awaiting results of the autopsy report from Santo Domingo. I will post those details when I know of them. What I can & will tell you is that, fortunately (& I think with Ginnie's prior instructions) the end came fairly quickly. She rang me on the golf course 10.15 yesterday complaining of her IBS pain returning & asked me to give her the pain-killing injections she has. This I did twice but the pain did not reduce as dramatically as normal. We therefore got a doctor out to give her a heavier (intravenous) dose whence I was informed there was nothing serious & no need for an operation etc .............. How wrong can a doctor be??

Finally I had to insist she went to CMC for proper care & it was whilst the ambulance was taking her there that she died. Under 24 hours ago but it already seems like a lifetime. My 'ROCK' & best friend from across the hallway is no longer sitting at her throne in front of the computer passing out sage words of wisdom to all & sundry.

I think tomas2 deserves a little more latitude than your open berating on this forum.

This thread has digressed slightly about the medical care here on the North Coast. It has now been cleared up that CMC were not responsible for Ginnie's death, but maybe her death could have been prevented with the correct care. In my opinion tomas' question is valid and not some sort of attention seeking whim as you claim.

And spelling pedants are not welcome on this forum!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
And spelling pedants are not welcome on this forum!

Are you a moderator or in some other position of authority.

Tomas started by saying that perhaps his post was in poor taste. If he had questions specifically about Giinnie's death a PM or email to Grahame would have been more suitable.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Are you a moderator or in some other position of authority

Not at all Ken2. But if you want to go and correct everyone's spelling, then be my guest!

It is an accepted unwritten rule, that spelling should not be an issue on this forum. Many members are non native English speakers.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Not at all Ken2. But if you want to go and correct everyone's spelling, then be my guest!

It is an accepted unwritten rule, that spelling should not be an issue on this forum. Many members are non native English speakers.

beeza, I have no interest in getting into a public fuss with you. Graham has been on this board for 8 years or more and is not known for correcting anyone's spelling. Unless, of course, it is the name of his dead wife.

Rein in your high horse.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
beeza, I have no interest in getting into a public fuss with you. Graham has been on this board for 8 years or more and is not known for correcting anyone's spelling. Unless, of course, it is the name of his dead wife.

Rein in your high horse.

Don't you mean Grahame?

We'll leave it at that shall we?!

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
This was the friend I was talking about earlier in this thread. He had some pain in his back and went for an x-ray and then... Its not the first weird thing that happened in the clinics here on the North Coast, but usually its cases where the naive gringo walks into the clinic with a foreign health insurance. Its called bingo for the clinics. They earn more money the longer u stay entonces... Care, cure, Que?

This has nothing to do with Roberto Caballi and his surgery though. He might be an excellent doctor.

Best advice? Stay healthy

Walk in with a back-ache and get wheeled out in a box, can't be good publicity anywhere?
Thanks for clarifying this. I guess that this kind of thing can happen (almost) anywhere....I accept your comments about making money from foreign medical insurances - that apparently happens in private practices almost everywhere too, although I would have thought that keeping the patient alive and under treatment would be even better for business. No?

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
For the record, this was the post I was referring to. Again, I didn't mean any harm.

Quote:
I can not presently give details as to the cause of Ginnie's death because I do not know them myself. I am awaiting results of the autopsy report from Santo Domingo. I will post those details when I know of them. What I can & will tell you is that, fortunately (& I think with Ginnie's prior instructions) the end came fairly quickly. She rang me on the golf course 10.15 yesterday complaining of her IBS pain returning & asked me to give her the pain-killing injections she has. This I did twice but the pain did not reduce as dramatically as normal. We therefore got a doctor out to give her a heavier (intravenous) dose whence I was informed there was nothing serious & no need for an operation etc .............. How wrong can a doctor be??

Finally I had to insist she went to CMC for proper care & it was whilst the ambulance was taking her there that she died. Under 24 hours ago but it already seems like a lifetime. My 'ROCK' & best friend from across the hallway is no longer sitting at her throne in front of the computer passing out sage words of wisdom to all & sundry.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Walk in with a back-ache and get wheeled out in a box, can't be good publicity anywhere?
Thanks for clarifying this. I guess that this kind of thing can happen (almost) anywhere....I accept your comments about making money from foreign medical insurances - that apparently happens in private practices almost everywhere too, although I would have thought that keeping the patient alive and under treatment would be even better for business. No?

LIke I wrote this was not like the other cases I have seen here. This was probably a mistake given an injection into his spinal fluid, clotted in his brain (like kennyca wrote). Stay healthy.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006

Wanting yourself and your loved ones to be correctly identified is quite a different thing than a petty spelling correction. Names are arbitrary sounds (or, when written, collections of specifically arranged symbols) without meanings other than the individual they are assigned to, and are generally not translated. Therefore a different native language is not an excuse for misidentifying a person.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Wanting yourself and your loved ones to be correctly identified is quite a different thing than a petty spelling correction. Names are arbitrary sounds (or, when written, collections of specifically arranged symbols) without meanings other than the individual they are assigned to, and are generally not translated. Therefore a different native language is not an excuse for misidentifying a person.

Not sure how far from the subject this post is.

Condorito

Aug 2, 2010
My recent experience with CMC was good. Quick treatment, clean facilities and warm, kind staff.

It is my first experience with DR medical treatment, and acceptable against Canadian standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.