Ceramic Wall tile adhesive.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
So dv8 what do you use to attach the tiles to the plaster and is that white? I use white thin-set for that any other color will show through including grey.
Dv8 plaster is gypsum and thin set is cement. Chemical, physical properties different. Plaster is not used to set tiles. Grey thin set is not used for glass.

ah, is it that what i call "plaster" is not plaster? what i mean is the thin, even and smooth layer of cement put on blocks. here in DR it is called pa?ete. is it not called plaster? :rolleyes: the tiles are then "glued" to the wall using pegatox thingy which is grey. i have them glass tiles too but it's black glass it was put on using regular materials. and yes, i know plaster of paris, used for casts on broken limbs and that's not the plaster i am talking about.

if pa?ete is not called plaster in english, my apologies. i always called it plaster and no one ever corrected me. bastards.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
These ceramics come in tiles of probably 50 or 60 little squares. Could be a square feet.

Yes, I know, we have them in our house. You're right, the sheets are 12" square - the way I read his post I thought he meant the glass tiles were 12" each. Mea culpa :)

It's been one of those days, got home last night from several days on the north coast. Made breakfast, three loads of laundry washed and hung [no dryer], a loaf of bread made, meatballs and sauce simmering on the stove, made mango juice, supervised planting of several things we bought at a vivero outside Bonao, all before noon. I guess throwing in reading comprehension put me into overload mode, LOL.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Holy cow!! That was you guys that I passed on the Autopista Duarte!!! How do you like that new highway, huh? That 100 pesos each way is a ****er.

Yep, we took it both ways, what a difference, we blinked and we reached Duarte Hwy. Of course, they have you enter just before the Duarte toll, haha.