Certificate of Citizenship : USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I by no means agree with what all US citizen do,or choose to think,but I will put my life on the line to defend their right to do,and think, as they please!

Or anyone elses right to do, and think as they please eh! (Or is that just toooooo scary :cheeky:

This new poster is being treated despicably on this board and I'm really glad that I am not the only one speaking up!

C

Chip00

Chip00, I only agreed with solamentetu's remarks about the deficit which I and many other Americans HAVE TO PAY!

Since when did they send you a bill in the mail? I paid my federal taxes last year and they were like $3000 - what in the world are you talking about paying then????????????????

I think that gives me the right to speak on this issue whether you like it or not, you approve of it or not or you think it is offensive or not! Also, what exactly gives you the right to speak on behalf of a group of Americans that automatically disqualifies me from speaking on behalf of the same group?

You have every right - have at it fellow American. Where did I ever say you didn't - I was making the point that to say the OP's remark wasn't offensive is wrong. FYI - I'm not a proponent of what can be found the world over but fortunately in the good ol'USA - censorship of opinions.

Please, Chip00, don't put words into my mouth! I did not imply economic implosion.

You said it "...it will bite *us* Americans in the butt sooner or later.
not me - I said that that won't be happening soon.

The US population is ~300 million that makes every American share of the debt ~US$29,000; a debt that is biting EVERY American in the butt RIGHT NOW for sure!!!

For goodness sakes buddy - who in the world ever told you that each citizen will have to pay for this defecit? Ever heard of responsible spending and cutbacks?????????????????????????

Of course, this is a sustainable economic practice in your reality. Are you so wrapped up in your pipe dream that you can't see the problem in this?

FYI do you have any idea how long and through how many different adminstrations we have had this defecit??????????????

C

Chip00

Or anyone elses right to do, and think as they please eh! (Or is that just toooooo scary :cheeky:

This new poster is being treated despicably on this board and I'm really glad that I am not the only one speaking up!

The OP knocks the US after just getting his citizenship and then goes on to say that his citizenship will be worth nothing. I and CC make a couple of remarks and the OP comes back and says he wasn't looking for criticism of his initial criticism??????

A couple of posters then say that what he said wasn't criticism, to which I wholly disagreed.

At no point did I say that the OP can't voice his opinion - only that he doesn't speak for all Americans. Why in the world is that so bad? Why in the world is there so much anti-American sentiment on this forum?

All I ask is if people are going to bash my country without good reason or cause is to allow me and others to repond - wow , talking about turning the tables!!!!!

I am never, nor will be ever a proponent of the censorship of opinions.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Ok Chip00, you are right and I'm wrong! We Americans don't have to pay for public debt (deficit), It's a gift from the heavens. Let the deficit growth continue. The faster the growth the better.

NotLurking

C

Chip00

Ok Chip00, you are right and I'm wrong! We Americans don't have to pay for public debt (deficit), It's a gift from the heavens. Let the deficit growth continue. The faster the growth the better.

NotLurking

We will be paying with it, as are US business, continuosly throughout the future as we are taxed through various ways. The point I'm making is that Uncle Sam isn't going to send an invoice to us in the near future to pay this debt off.

What will happen is that a lot of programs will have reduced funding if not diappear altogether.

Also, what if the US decided to "go bankrupt" like some government entities have to remove a large part of the debt as a last resort?

I understand people like to exaggerate to make a point but I feel the problem is you get some people like the OP who actually believe the imminence of such a grand and catastrophic event that would cause him to think his citizenship would "mean nothing".

Status
Not open for further replies.