certificates of deposit question

shuffine

Jan 17, 2006
tamborista

"Try USD denominated paper @ 12% TAX FREE."

Hi there.

Can you explain this a little better please. I'm the fellow (steveh) that origianlly posted this thread and am little new to all this (forum) and it's great to see the different variations and postitions that have come up.

Many thanks!

sh

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
Buy Banco Central CD's at 24%!

Hey Garry don't give up yet.... I have been down this road before...read my previous threads and see where half of this board came after me telling me how stupid I was for buying in at 43:1 and picking up those Banco Central CD's at 35% 11/2 year ago.... Well guess what? I have doubled my investment since them!
Luck? Maybe some.... But this is what investing is all about... No one can predict the futur for sure, but some times you got to trust your gut instinct! Win some, lose some...
I have learned in business the rules are made by winners for losers to follow.
Buy when every one is selling and sell when every one is buying! It's has made me a ton of money so far....
Good luck to any one buying CD's at 24% it's going to be a bumpy ride, but I am putting all my chips in on this one...will discuss this next year! ;)

british bulldog

Jan 21, 2006
They are not at 24% any more;they droped 23% for two years and 20 % for one year,i expect it to start falling off soon,as the allocation for these cd,s are in great demand,and they sell out fast.

pattray

Feb 28, 2006
shuffine said:
"Try USD denominated paper @ 12% TAX FREE."

Hi there.

Can you explain this a little better please. I'm the fellow (steveh) that origianlly posted this thread and am little new to all this (forum) and it's great to see the different variations and postitions that have come up.

Many thanks!

sh

Can someone explain how to go about getting the above, I live in the US, is there a hitch ?
Pat