Certified check

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
There are various ways to send, as you might with other important documents (via DHL, UPS, etc etc). A little expensive, but it can be done. There is also the local postal service, but you may not want to use them for this. If the question is more along the lines of getting a certified check in the DR, it too is a little expensive as far as the bank fee (speaking of experience when asking Banco Popular once, and assuming you want USD).

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Yes you can but sending it with a trustworthy courier like fedex, ups etc will cost you between 50-60$US. Wire the $ will cost you between 30-50$ (depending on your Bank. The moment you get a certified the Check, the $ is gone from your account. You send it, receiver picks it up and has to wait forever to get the balance. I don't get it why you would like to do this !?

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Yes you can but sending it with a trustworthy courier like fedex, ups etc will cost you between 50-60$US. Wire the $ will cost you between 30-50$ (depending on your Bank. The moment you get a certified the Check, the $ is gone from your account. You send it, receiver picks it up and has to wait forever to get the balance. I don't get it why you would like to do this !?
FedEx is a disaster. As well, I cannot imagine the need for a certified check in this day and age

Lee J. Cook

May 10, 2024
New York
www.methadone.org
I was going to send in Dominican pesos, but I was told that for ease of processing the check should be made out in US dollars. Sent a certified check from the bank, and was also advised that the recipient would need to deposit the certified check at their bank in the US.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I'm guessing this has something to do with the trailer full of medical equipment?

Teacher1

May 9, 2024
USA
I was going to send in Dominican pesos, but I was told that for ease of processing the check should be made out in US dollars. Sent a certified check from the bank, and was also advised that the recipient would need to deposit the certified check at their bank in the US.
Thanks

Reactions: Lee J. Cook

Teacher1

May 9, 2024
USA
There are various ways to send, as you might with other important documents (via DHL, UPS, etc etc). A little expensive, but it can be done. There is also the local postal service, but you may not want to use them for this. If the question is more along the lines of getting a certified check in the DR, it too is a little expensive as far as the bank fee (speaking of experience when asking Banco Popular once, and assuming you want USD).
Thank you