Chat tonight at 10 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
Hey all

Had fun in the chat . Nice to "talk" to most. :cheeky: I guess we will have to do that again. Hopefully more of the reg posters will come out. BTW What time did it close up??

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Had fun in the chat . Nice to "talk" to most. :cheeky: I guess we will have to do that again. Hopefully more of the reg posters will come out. BTW What time did it close up??
Hey, you had Anna, Rocky, AZB, Chiri and me -- just how many more "regulars" did you need???? :cheeky:

I noticed that despite all the talk, TD never showed up. ;)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
At the moment people can enter chat under any name - this needs to be looked at because posters could pose as other posters as happened in the past.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Logged in under other usernames!?? That confirms my suspicion about one user who I doubt would be on the net at that time of night.

That was interesting, you guys should be on ritalin, NOT lepela.

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
I am wondering

If someone is in the "sin bin" or "on vacation" how are they able to get into the chat? Is this a separate area from the forum? If they are banned from forum should they not be banned from chat as well?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
If someone is in the "sin bin" or "on vacation" how are they able to get into the chat? Is this a separate area from the forum? If they are banned from forum should they not be banned from chat as well?

You DO NOT need to be signed in to DR1, so anybody can sign in to the room with any name! Who bothered you last night that this is an issue for you?

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Keith, I never said I was going in the chat. I'm sorry for any confusion. I knew I was going to be out. BTW - Forgetting Sarah Marshall is FUNNY!! two thumbs up :)

MaineGirl - good to see you online again!

Chiri, thanks for making a point of that. As the 'old-timers' here may remember thats where the term sock puppet started up and many 'beefs' were certainly started up on the chats. There are too many people taking DR1 as an extension of their real lives and living it out in front of us - but online where is safe to be someone you're not usually cause they dont have a real life!! The good thing is that most are on vacation and hopefully never come back!

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I am assuming there are people who considered the chat thing last night a good time, but I must add my two cents on the matter.

I thought about some of the online interactions I have had with people that have been strange/weird/antagonistic, whatever you want to call it.

Lately its' been one specific person with one negative comment after another, using the whole rep system like a bratty child. But over the course of time its' been others as well.

I am not understanding the obsession, nor the fact that this person doesn't seem to be able to take what he dishes out which is very typical.

But for the sake of the website, because on the whole DR1 is one of if not THE best sites out there related to information on a foreign country, I shall cease and desist from making any more negative and/or sarcastic comments.

What I WILL do is send my little friend a PM hoping that we can come to an amicable, mature resolution and he can make the decision to just drop all this sniping.

I finally realized last night how stupid and unproductive it is. And for what? Because this is someone that I'm sure I will never meet in person. And even if we do meet, what's going to happen? Nothing, I'm sure.

The DR1 people that I have met have been incredibly nice. Those are the ones I will choose to focus on. The negativity can be redirected, and I am no longer interested in who gets burned by what sanky, or who is arguing with another poster or why.

Time to move on and time to add something positive to the site.

Adios.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Why not I simply invite both of you guys to my BBQ,to resolve this once and for all.
Can't we all get along?
AZB

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Berzin, dont let anyone here run you off like that! ignore them! anyway - send a PM to the mods and Robert so that they can have him or her stop with the bad rep thing...

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008

I left to go watch 3 rd period...we lost miserably...the "Flame" has gone out!!
lol I'm such a geek!!

Anyways...I came back and I ended up talking to Whirlybird. her and I shut it down!! it was fun, and its a great way to get to know one another's personalities....usually when we post, it's either serious or sensitive or extremely knowledge based and depending on the post you get a feel for who's responding, but it was neat last night, I saw a lot of interesting and fun personalities!!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The sad part is, both of the guys are cool. In real life, they will get along fine. I think they have started off on the wrong foot.
AZB

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
Ok Azb

The sad part is, both of the guys are cool. In real life, they will get along fine. I think they have started off on the wrong foot.
AZB

I think as a DR. we will leave it to you.:cheeky: I am sure you can get them to work it out.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Planner was not there

Apparently "planner" was logged into the chat room last night! I have no idea what was said or what happened there.

I WAS NOT in the chat room last night. I have never been in the chat room and I would really like to know who the hell logged in with my handle!!!!!!

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
why cant we all get along? LOL
AZB! i'd like to come to the BBQ! when is it? LOL
FYI I will be in DR in AUGUST/September, hopefully I will be around and meet new people!

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Berzin, dont let anyone here run you off like that! ignore them! anyway - send a PM to the mods and Robert so that they can have him or her stop with the bad rep thing...

You are missing my point, Talldrink. In terms of the Mars/Venus portion of DR1, I've pretty much said everything I can possibly say.

Anything else and I will just be repeating myself, and I'm tired of that.

We have enough stories and replies written that there isn't anything that someone can throw at us that isn't already covered.

And its' not about having anyone run me off. Something was written last night and it made me realize that I need to shift my focus to more positive contributions to the site. That is all.

In other words I'm tired of getting into it with people on this site. And over what? Para que?

I guess you can say I had an epiphany last night. :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Status
Not open for further replies.